1st Time Buyer Needs Advise

Check in here and say hi!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

philly

1st Time Buyer Needs Advise

#1 Post by philly » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:03 am

I need some help, please. I would like to buy a well-made pontoon boat that has a sink and a porta potty on it. I'm not interested in pulling skiers but am looking for something I can fish and enclose at night to sleep on. Am curious to know if there are any mini portable air-conditioners designed for this setup as well. I am located in the south where it gets very hot and we have lots of mosquitoes. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

badmoonrising
Site Admin

Re: 1st Time Buyer Needs Advise

#2 Post by badmoonrising » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:43 am

Welcome ! Depends on how big you want to go. I have a 32 ft. 2006 Tracker Party Cruiser. It has a sink, shower/head, microwave, generator and an A/C / Heat unit. Aslo a fridge..

I believe the Party Huts have similar setups.
Ed, Cheryl, Ethan and Aspen.
2013 Sun Tracker Party Barge 22 w/90 HP Mercury, "Hellrhighwater 2"
2014 E-350 Extended XLT.
Chesapeake City ,MD

philly

#3 Post by philly » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:15 am

Thanks for the pic! Can you enclose the front and rear sections and open the doors to the "Hut" part so if I'm sleeping in the front (or rear) be able to cool off?

mikeherb

#4 Post by mikeherb » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:00 pm

Ed, great picture of your boat. How was that taken? From a bridge or do you have a buddy with a helicopter?

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#5 Post by HandymanHerb » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:01 pm

Welcome philly, you need to put your location in you signture, it helps when we are giving advice, So what part of the South will you be boating in?
In Memory of John 6x6 Larsen

philly

#6 Post by philly » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:11 pm

Mississippi/Tennessee

badmoonrising
Site Admin

#7 Post by badmoonrising » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:27 pm

philly wrote:Thanks for the pic! Can you enclose the front and rear sections and open the doors to the "Hut" part so if I'm sleeping in the front (or rear) be able to cool off?

Yeah, we have the factory rear camper enclosure:
There's also an optional bow camper enclosure:

We didn't buy, it but wish we did. We usually sleep out under the fron bimini anyway and it's usually not a problem as long as the rain is falling straight down. There's room up front for 2 couples. Stern sleeper, enough room to sleep 3. Inside the cabin, there's a smaller bed made for kids or short people :)

I can see having a custom enclosure made soon thought since we already have a bimini and all that would have to be done would be the sides/front.
2014 E-350 Extended XLT.
Chesapeake City ,MD

badmoonrising
Site Admin

#8 Post by badmoonrising » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:33 pm

sundeckbentley wrote:Ed, great picture of your boat. How was that taken? From a bridge or do you have a buddy with a helicopter?

We were out cruising the Bohemia a few months after we bought the Party Cruiser in '06 and noticed a helicopter following us with boatpix.com on it's side. I come home and go on their site, which lets you search by your registration number, etc. to find the pics taken in your area. They send you pictures and you send back what you don't buy. I've seen them all over the Chesapeake.
2014 E-350 Extended XLT.
Chesapeake City ,MD

mikeherb

#9 Post by mikeherb » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:06 pm

Very cool. That would be my wallpaper if I had a shot of my boat like that.

lady on the lake

#10 Post by lady on the lake » Fri May 08, 2009 12:24 am

I live in East Texas on a lake. I have always wanted a pontoon boat, and I am actually buying my first one today. I looked at the Sun Tracker 21 ft party barge and the G3 20 ft cruiser- I decided on the G3 made by Yamaha with a 60 hp 4 stroke high thrust motor. I am not wanting to pull a skier- in my opinion that's for a ski boat! lol
The Sun Tracker party barge had a sink that I liked but the rebate one me over to a G3. I was told that the foam filled logs were better than the hollow ones but not sure on the validity of that info. I am happy so far with the deal from Yamaha at Plano Marine in Longview, Texas. Taking the maiden cruise tomorrow, weather permitting- will let yall know how she does!

dockholiday

#11 Post by dockholiday » Fri May 08, 2009 7:59 am

Think West Marine carries some small ac units.