Hi all, new here.

Check in here and say hi!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

photonfanatic

Re: Hi all, new here.

#16 Post by photonfanatic » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:56 am

Thanks again for all the help. Well that just about sums it up then. Only thing I'd like to do, is find a step down converter for a little bit less money. Something in the area of $50-$70. What do you think about these?

http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-Power-240-Wa ... +converter

http://www.amazon.com/GREAT-converter-2 ... +converter

teecro

Re: Hi all, new here.

#17 Post by teecro » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:10 am

photonfanatic wrote:Thanks! Anyone here good at batteries and electricity?

I heard that the slow chargers are better. That it will charge the battery "better". Meaning, that your charge will last longer. So say you charged the same battery, once with a fast charger and once with a slow charger. Some say that slow charger will put more energy in the battery. So its going to go longer before it runs down. Is this true? Just something I've been seeing on youtube and in a few articles. Doesn't seem to me like it would work that way. Seems to me, like a full battery is a full battery. Maybe I've got it wrong, and I've misunderstood what they were saying. Or they have it wrong.
It's not really about slow or fast when it comes to charging batteries as receiving the proper volts and amps to replenish what was removed during use. If a bank is only slightly discharged then it does not take much amperage to replace the energy that was used up or removed. If a battery is used heavy for a long time it will take a lot more amperage to push that energy back into the plates where it is stored. In other words a small lightweight float charger may never be able to properly recharge a deeply discharged battery as it just does not have the strength to refill it...
T CRO
2017 Berkshire CTS 24 RFX with Yamaha F150/Simomized 200
2015 Caravelle 16 EBo with Mercury 90