First Pontoon Boat!

Check in here and say hi!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Dragon1

First Pontoon Boat!

#1 Post by Dragon1 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:55 am

Greetings all

First Time Pontoon owner here - I think its boat #12 for us - everything from sailboats to trawlers, not incuding kayaks and inflatables. Recently relocated from the Pacific NW to a small community at Lake Nacimiento in Paso Robles, Ca. Now if we just had a little (a lot) of rain, we be boatin once again...

The boat - 2008 SunTracker 24 PB with Merc 60 Bigfoot EFI and tandem tracker trlr. Boat is in mint condition, and there is an hour meter on the motor showing 57 hrs. It surveyed "like a brand new boat" It needs a mooring cover and binimi cover. Hasnt been in water for 2+ years.

Hoping the Merc Bigfoot is as good as many say (and that that 'top 40 complaints' site does not accurately reflect the majority consensus of their overall performance/reliabiliby)

First project will be to change fluids/filters/impeller, and fuel - unfortunately I dont know if there was a '20 hour break-in service' done.

Looking foward to learning from the members here, and hopefully be able to contribute in return.

Still thinkin of a good name - I like 'Floater' but the Admiral isnt to keen on it.....imagine that.....

If anyone can recommend good maintenance/service manual that will give me the basics for routine maintenance, please let me know

Thanks
'08 SunTracker PB 24
Merc 60 BF EFI, Tracker Trlr
Lake Nacimiento, Ca.

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

Re: First Pontoon Boat!

#2 Post by HandymanHerb » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:43 am

Welcome , don't forget we love pictures, sounds like you got a great deal, can't wait to see you and yours out having fun on it :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup
In Memory of John 6x6 Larsen

RcgTexas

Re: First Pontoon Boat!

#3 Post by RcgTexas » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:10 am

Welcome!

A good deal for sure. It hasn't had enough hours to have much wrong but sitting up for two years is not a good thing. :pics
1995 beachcomber conversion to tritoon with Honda 135 ,

Link to rebuild [url=http://www.pontoonforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19016][Knot Normal][/url]

God Bless America