Hello

Check in here and say hi!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Tils

Hello

#1 Post by Tils » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:00 pm

Test. Trying something short keep getting an error string.
Ok that worked. Hi all been lurking for a few months love what I see and have learnt a lot from the advice here. I recently bought a 2016 Premier 240 Castaway tritoon with a 150hp Evinrude to replace my last pontoon a Southbay 522cr.

One of the things I have seen here is to shark hide the new boat. How much shark hide should I buy assuming I want to do at least 2 coats? Is there a place in Canada to buy it from as I live in Saskatchewan Canada. I don't pick the boat up till May...can't get here soon enough :)

I will add better pics once I pick it up...I have a few others but they don't do it justice sitting inside like this...need the sun, waves, drinks, fish and friends to look right.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (518.21 KiB) Viewed 2343 times
Sold 2010 Southbay 522cr 115hp Merc
2016 Premier 240 castaway 150hp Evinrude
2010 Tundra

jediger

Re: Hello

#2 Post by jediger » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:53 pm

Greetings from another castaway owner in Manitoba. I know Regina Marine has done some boats with shark hide. I don't know if they carry it regularly though. Worth a phone call at any rate especially if they are who you purchased through .

Most recently I bought our sharkhide on Amazon and shipped it to relatives we visit regularly in the states. That was before the dollar dropped so badly though.

As for how much to buy. A single can would be plenty for at least a season and might even last you two.
Pinawa Bay, Manitoba
2014 Premier Cast-a-way 231, PTX; 2014 Evinrude 250HO ETEC

Tils

#3 Post by Tils » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:25 pm

Hi Jediger...you must have bought your boat from Steve. That's a damn nice boat you have. How have you liked it? Anything in particular that you have not liked on the castaway? Steve didn't want to shark hide it for me...said it just wasn't worth the investment of their guys time vs what they would have to charge.
Sold 2010 Southbay 522cr 115hp Merc
2016 Premier 240 castaway 150hp Evinrude
2010 Tundra

jediger

#4 Post by jediger » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:12 am

Yeah. I actually ended up buying two boats from Steve when the first one got written off in a roof collapse.

I do love our current boat. Small quibbles... The 2014 is the only one where they made the 7 star bow and helm chairs non standard. I really liked those in the 2013 we had. If I were planning my own boat from scratch, i would go with the seagrass floor rather than carpet. I would (and likely will) add a 2nd battery at the back. The rod locker is neat but I've taken out the internal frame and just put foam on the bottom. That and some rod sleeves allows me to use the space much more efficiently. Old internals never seemed to work with the rods I had. The fence mounted verticle rod holders are less than ideal. Unless you really squeeze the rod blank into the tiny center area the rods are prone to fall while underway.

Things I love...the swim platform is awesome and useful across the board (swimming, towing, fishing, just working on the boat). The hull is responsive and the boat does everything we want it too. Even in some serious chop. It's a lot of fun to fish out of. I can pull a skier with 8 other people in the boat no problem. The day shelter makes a real difference when fishing in September October. The Evinrude etec rocks (though we had a tach issue late last summer). We also added the tow swing for tunes cause I didn't like the level of movement it was imparting to the original tow bar.

Things I want to add... a fish finder in the bow. A house battery, a bigger sonar unit at the helm.

Summer is the time to enjoy the boat. Winter us the time to dream about upgrades for next summer.
Pinawa Bay, Manitoba
2014 Premier Cast-a-way 231, PTX; 2014 Evinrude 250HO ETEC

Gonefishing

#5 Post by Gonefishing » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:37 am

Very nice and welcome to the site
Bob Jacksonville, Nc

2013 Excursion X23 RFC
2013 115 Yamaha
Pulled with a Ford King Ranch

smltooner