New Guy From OK

Check in here and say hi!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Dharm7

New Guy From OK

#1 Post by Dharm7 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:57 pm

Hello all,
We just bought our first toon yesterday, a 2006 Lowe Trinidad 224 with a Merc 90 4 stroke, and Minkota trolling motor.

The wife shocked me about a month ago by suggesting we get a boat, so I wasted no time taking her out shopping. We decided to go used, and looked at quite a few before finding this one. Last weekend we went to the marina to look at another Lowe, same year and model, and learned that the toon we ended up buying was just taken in for a new fuel pump to get ready for sale on consignment. This is an amazingly clean boat, with low hours, that has been very well taken care of. We went up yesterday to test drive her and we were impressed at how quiet and smooth the motor was and how the underpinning virtually eliminated the surge we felt on friend's toons. We would have taken her home yesterday but the motor is getting a new impeller and housing installed. She also needs a trailer, they only had single axles available until next Thursday, and at 23 ft. I would rather have a tandem. It looks like she has spent the better part of her life on a lift in a covered slip. We have no plans to change that, and she will go in a covered slip on Ft. Gibson, about 40 min. from the house. We plan to replace the carpet with vinyl at the end of this season, and we'll be looking at different ideas for furniture. The one thing that won't change is the 4 corners fishing.
Attachments
06 Lowe Trinidad.jpg
06 Lowe Trinidad.jpg (108.97 KiB) Viewed 2510 times
2006 Lowe Trinidad 224, Merc 90hp, under pinning, 4 corner fisher

joe20toon

Re: New Guy From OK

#2 Post by joe20toon » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:18 am

Welcome to the board. Nice boat!
2016 20 foot Sylvan RPT (V Pontoons)
Yamaha Vmax SHO 115HP
80 Pound Thrust RipTide Trolling Motor
Humminbird Helix 7 Side Imaging

Waterlogged

#3 Post by Waterlogged » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:07 am

Welcome aboard, thanks for the pics, nice looking boat.

Glenn
2008 SunTracker Regency Party Barge 22 with lifting strakes
2008 Mercury 115 4 stroke

smltooner

#4 Post by smltooner » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:13 pm

Welcome to the club.
SMLTOONER
Ted & Emily
2019 Bennington 21SL Tri-toon
2019 Yamaha 150 HP
Smith Mtn. Lake, Virginia

Soonertoon

#5 Post by Soonertoon » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:38 pm

Welcome to the club! I assume you are headed to Paradise Cove Marina? If so be sure and look me up. I'm in F dock there. If that's where you are going you will love it there. Ann and her staff are the stuff of legends. She will kill herself for her customers.
Also if you need any info on the lake , let me know. It's a Great Lake , close to home but with all Corps lakes, there are areas you need to stay out of and watch for.
Welcome!
Broken Arrow Ok
2014 G3 Suncatcher
115 Yamaha 4 stroke
Paradise Cove Marina on Ft. Gibson Lake