Harrisburg Pa boater

Check in here and say hi!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Toonnut86

Harrisburg Pa boater

#1 Post by Toonnut86 » Wed May 04, 2016 6:18 am

Hi guys, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Jay from Harrisburg pa. I mainly boat/camp at raystown lake. Grew up at the shore and rarely go back, love our piece of heaven in the mountains. I've had a few boats bought my first toon at 20 years old, got a wellcraft sport boat and ended up selling it to start my business, picked up a cheapo landau tooner that we have had more fun on than any of my previous boats. Wife let her tongue slip the other day and said for next season I can buy a tritoon. So if anyone has a Playcraft powertoon that they are considering upgrading from please contact me!!! Been lurking her for a few weeks and decided it seemed like a great forum to join! You guys seem as enthusiastic about boating as I am and also don't seem like total jerks like half of the guys on the speed boat forums! If I can figure out how to post pictures I'll throw some up of my boats and adventures at Raystown. Thanks for having me!

Toonnut86

Re: Harrisburg Pa boater

#2 Post by Toonnut86 » Wed May 04, 2016 6:24 am

Here's my first boat
Attachments
image.png
My first pontoon a 80 something skipper raft... It was a piece but I made it look pretty
image.png (762.08 KiB) Viewed 5050 times

Toonnut86

#3 Post by Toonnut86 » Wed May 04, 2016 6:26 am

Second boat 85 wellcraft nova ii spyder twin small blocks
Attachments
image.jpeg
Nova ii spyder
image.jpeg (1.85 MiB) Viewed 5048 times

Toonnut86

#4 Post by Toonnut86 » Wed May 04, 2016 6:30 am

My current ride
Attachments
image.jpeg
It's been cleaned up a little since then, Runs like a top!
image.jpeg (201.03 KiB) Viewed 5037 times

DSwatloski

#5 Post by DSwatloski » Wed May 04, 2016 6:31 am

Welcome.

On the pictures, generally they have to be resized to 640 range. A free windoze program you can get is called photo gallery. Under the edit tab pick resize and save it, then post.

Great maneuver having the wife think she wants a tritoon... bravo!!! :devillol
Dave Swatloski, Northern, VA Lake Anna
2015 Harris 220 CWX - 2015 Mercury 4-Stroke 115 HP Command Thrust, Road King Tandem Axle/w disc brakes
Former 2003 Seapro CC, Yamaha 115 HP 4-Stroke
Former 1990 SunTracker Party Barge 24' Tracker 90 HP 2-Stroke

fasttoons

#6 Post by fasttoons » Wed May 04, 2016 6:45 am

If you want a Powertoon check the Cumberland ,Md area Craigslist ads. There was a dealer there who sold some boats and you may find one. Other than that do a Craigslist search using this-

http://www.searchtempest.com/search

They are very hard to find. Good luck!

Toonnut86

#7 Post by Toonnut86 » Wed May 04, 2016 7:45 am

Yes sir, she knew what she was getting into when we married me, the toy collection has decreased just needs built back up with newer more expensive ones!!!

Toonnut86

#8 Post by Toonnut86 » Wed May 04, 2016 7:48 am

fasttoons wrote:If you want a Powertoon check the Cumberland ,Md area Craigslist ads. There was a dealer there who sold some boats and you may find one. Other than that do a Craigslist search using this-

http://www.searchtempest.com/search

They are very hard to find. Good luck!

Yeah I'm our area they are more than scarce! I'm not afraid to take a trip to Missouri for the rite boat either, I won't pay a premium but I'll travel for a good deal!

curtiscapk

#9 Post by curtiscapk » Wed May 04, 2016 8:50 am

come on up they're everywhere! :nana
Craig and Paula
"THE FLOATER" rebuild Spring 2013
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15328
94 Party Barge 24' 115 merc
Turning Point hustler 14 x 13 prop
22mph gps 3 people
12 F150
Overland Park Ks
Hillsdale Lake, KS

Strake

#10 Post by Strake » Wed May 04, 2016 9:29 am

Welcome, Jay !!!

Been to Raystown Lake...... beautiful. But we don't boat there. We live in Gettysburg as a primary residence, but found "The Jewel of the Blue Ridge Mountains", Smith Mountain Lake, VA about 6 or 7 years ago and bought a place here. This lake doesn't freeze in the winter. Haven't been back to Deep Creek Lake or Raystown since, although they are both great lakes. The drive to SML is a whole lot longer than going to Raystown Lake or Deep Creek, MD.

We're LOVIN' the TriToon...... traded from a Sea Ray 26 ft 250SLX with a big block in it...... don't miss the BowRider much..... The TriToon is just such a great fit for us, and this lake.

Enjoy...... tons of great input from well experienced folks on this forum.
"Strake"
Richard and Angie
Smith Mountain Lake, VA
2015 Berkshire 233 RFX STS
Yamaha F200 LB

Toonnut86

#11 Post by Toonnut86 » Wed May 04, 2016 9:33 am

curtiscapk wrote:come on up they're everywhere! :nana

I'd love to, how extended is the boating season down your way, I don't get enough downtime in the summer or I'd love to come down to lake Cumberland or loto sometime and see what you guys rant and rave about!

Toonnut86

#12 Post by Toonnut86 » Wed May 04, 2016 10:40 am

Strake wrote:Welcome, Jay !!!

Been to Raystown Lake...... beautiful. But we don't boat there. We live in Gettysburg as a primary residence, but found "The Jewel of the Blue Ridge Mountains", Smith Mountain Lake, VA about 6 or 7 years ago and bought a place here. This lake doesn't freeze in the winter. Haven't been back to Deep Creek Lake or Raystown since, although they are both great lakes. The drive to SML is a whole lot longer than going to Raystown Lake or Deep Creek, MD.

We're LOVIN' the TriToon...... traded from a Sea Ray 26 ft 250SLX with a big block in it...... don't miss the BowRider much..... The TriToon is just such a great fit for us, and this lake.

Enjoy...... tons of great input from well experienced folks on this forum.
I've been to deep creek a few times, never really been too interested, it's a hike for me from Harrisburg. I have my camper setup on my brother in law's property 13 acres 1 mile from the launch! It's a nice setup have a pole building to store the boat in also. I signed the wait list to get a slip at the marina... I feel like it'll increase our boating as I seldom launch on a Friday evening or even a Sunday morning. If I'd be able to just walk down and get on the boat I think I'd be more inclined to use it more... I'm gonna start researching that lake I'd love to check it out!
Sounds like you made a good choice, tritoons are becoming popular around our lake and I couldn't agree more, no better boat than a pontoon you can do everything on it you wanna do, I just gotta get one with some speed!

smltooner

#13 Post by smltooner » Wed May 04, 2016 3:27 pm

Welcome to the club.
We've been on Raystown once and loved it, a beautiful lake.
We were impressed with the marina and their facilities.
I agree with Strake though. You can't beat Smith Mtn. Lake, especially since we live here.
SMLTOONER
Ted & Emily
2019 Bennington 21SL Tri-toon
2019 Yamaha 150 HP
Smith Mtn. Lake, Virginia

Toonnut86

#14 Post by Toonnut86 » Wed May 04, 2016 6:07 pm

smltooner wrote:Welcome to the club.
We've been on Raystown once and loved it, a beautiful lake.
We were impressed with the marina and their facilities.
I agree with Strake though. You can't beat Smith Mtn. Lake, especially since we live here.

Yeah it's tough to beat that...I tried to move my wife somewhere warmer and closer to water when I was a driver for fedex, she didn't go for it. So i'm stuck in pa. not too bad hour and a half to raystown and 3 hours to my parents in lewes delaware... so it works out