Okie Newby

Check in here and say hi!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Goggy

Okie Newby

#1 Post by Goggy » Fri May 06, 2016 1:25 am

Hello,
New to forum, considering buying a pontoon to go fishing with our younger grandkids. We now live in Okmulgee County area, lots of area lakes around, and a really big river in nearby Muskogee... Used to live in Garvin County.

Never have owned a pontoon, have owned several boats over the years, Crestliner, Bayliner, jon boats, canoes, even a 2man plastic pone hopper... we skied a little but, mostly fished. Currently boatless.

Looking to purchase used, 4 stroke, 20ft or so...

I was a member of this forum a few years ago, decided for a motorhome, and against a pontoon at that time... have since moved to eastern OK, changed email addys, couldn't remember old user name, login, password, or even find it... I was here long enough to have access to the risque section LOL... So this is my 2nd go round, this time I am ready to pull the plug and purchase. Hopefully older, wiser, and ready to research toons again.

good to be back,
Larry Killebrew
Okie from near Muskogee

ROLAND

Re: Okie Newby

#2 Post by ROLAND » Sat May 07, 2016 2:21 am

Goggy wrote: Never have owned a pontoon, have owned several boats over the years, Crestliner, Bayliner, jon boats, canoes, even a 2man plastic pone hopper... we skied a little but, mostly fished. Currently boatless.

Looking to purchase used, 4 stroke, 20ft or so...

Larry Killebrew
Larry.. Welcome 'back' to the group.... I'll tell you, pontoon boats are great for fishing.. we have pretty much what you are looking for, a 20 footer with a 4 stroke.. toon is rigged for fishing with two fishing seats up front & one seat in the rear... yeah, pontoons are kinda hard to get into really cramped places where you can get a smaller jon boat it.. but I'll tell you, if you do like we do and spend anywhere from 5 to 8 hours on the lake fishing.. pontoons can't be beat... so comfortable.. and when your out there that long it's so nice to be able to get up and walk around a bit, or hell, lay down and take a quick nap... wouldn't trade my little fishing toon for anything... hope you find what you want...
Roland & Jo
2010 Bennington 20 Sfi
Yamaha 75 4 Stroke
Shreveport, Louisiana

Gonefishing

#3 Post by Gonefishing » Sat May 07, 2016 9:11 am

Pontoons are great for fishing. Mine has a tackle center, fishing seats, rod holders, live bait tank. Makes it nice for fishing or just crusing with the family and also for those full days on the water make sure you have a grill. Nothing better then come lunch time to throw on a few burgers or dogs with the family while fishing or just enjoying the family time.
Bob Jacksonville, Nc

2013 Excursion X23 RFC
2013 115 Yamaha
Pulled with a Ford King Ranch

smltooner

#4 Post by smltooner » Sat May 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Welcome to the club, again.
SMLTOONER
Ted & Emily
2019 Bennington 21SL Tri-toon
2019 Yamaha 150 HP