New in Colorado: Powersailer to Tritoon

Check in here and say hi!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Pat

New in Colorado: Powersailer to Tritoon

#1 Post by Pat » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:49 pm

Hello everyone! I've been lurking around the forums for a week or so and must say that this group is a great bunch of people. Everyone seems to be very willing to help and share tips and advice. Seems to be the norm for boaters.

Though we've had many boats over the years, we're new to pontooning. What used to be the 'minivan of the lake' is now the 'SUV of the lake' and we're excited to join the group. We sold our MacGregor 26X last Fall as the top speed of 20 mph was less than ideal for our 8 & 10 year old kids' (& my) tubing and knee boarding aspirations. Plus, the sailboat cockpit & deck is just too cramped for 4 adults and 4 kids when we invited a second family to join us.

We've ordered and are awaiting production/delivery of a Sylvan 8522 LZ Cruise with 150 Evinrude G1 etec, full camper enclosure, third toon, lifting strakes, vinyl flooring, extended rear deck w/ ski pylon, & underskinning. I'm hoping that set up will be good for skiing / knee boarding and tubing. Anyone else have the same / very similar set up who could reassure me I've made the right call?

Pat

RcgTexas

Re: New in Colorado: Powersailer to Tritoon

#2 Post by RcgTexas » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:36 pm

Welcome Pat. I don't have a new boat I rebuilt an older boat about 4 years ago. But I love it and yours sounds like it will do what you need.

Now don't go out there on the lake and get a nose bleed after speeding around in that motor sailor and then getting on a fast and powerful pontoon rig.
1995 beachcomber conversion to tritoon with Honda 135 ,

Link to rebuild [url=http://www.pontoonforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19016][Knot Normal][/url]

God Bless America

zoom650

#3 Post by zoom650 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:28 pm

Welcome from a former club sailor. My sloop was a Precision 23, but one of the club members sailed a McGregor and I've crewed it with his family.

It sounds like you've make a good choice in a pontoon and I know your family will fall in love with it.
Michael and Laura
'12 Ford F150 Lariat SuperCrew Ecoboost
'14 Harris Solstice 220, P3 tritoon, Mercury Verado 150, Enertia 14p.
prior boat: '02 Century 2600CC, twin Yamaha EFI 200's, full instruments.

rockhound

#4 Post by rockhound » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:00 pm

been a while since i have been on, but welcome

also in colorado
An over forty victim of fate....

Obama: finally gone, MAGA

smltooner

#5 Post by smltooner » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:34 pm

Welcome to the club.
SMLTOONER