Hi from Louisville!

Check in here and say hi!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

stevez

Hi from Louisville!

#1 Post by stevez » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:08 am

Good afternoon everyone. I have owned several boats in the past including a 22 foot Sweetwater I bought used. Had the big/bad Cobalt runabout that I loved for many years and now planning for a pontoon. I just want to learn all I can about the different products available and be an informed buyer when I'm ready. My wife and I are going to be buying a place in a year or so on Nolin Lake in Kentucky (at least that's the plan now!). We'll want a nice pontoon. Looking to learn most of all and thanks in advance. Glad to be here. Steve

ROLAND

Re: Hi from Louisville!

#2 Post by ROLAND » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:08 am

Welcome to the group... and you've come to the right place as there is a wealth of knowledge on this forum about pontoon boats... Lots of good choices whether you're looking for a pontoon or a tri-toon.. everything from Bennington, Harris, G3, Tracker... and the list goes on and on.... have fun shopping and again, welcome to the club.
Roland & Jo
2010 Bennington 20 Sfi
Yamaha 75 4 Stroke
Shreveport, Louisiana

wwind3

#3 Post by wwind3 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:27 am

Welcome! Lots of good folks in here and lots of good info. Buying a boat is like buying a pistol---as many suggestions as there are people on the forum--I like the S&W Shield 9mm with a Crimson Trace Green Dot laser fyi! But seriously folks there are some great people here that own every type of pontoon there is-depending on their expected use.

My only suggestion is to always buy the rated horsepower--a pontoon boat is basically like trying to push a dumpster thru the water... but with the Sweetwater you probably know that. Happy hunting!
2009 LOWE SS204 25in logs
90 Merc Optimax
Motorguide W55 Wireless
Underskinning
28 GPS

stevez

#4 Post by stevez » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:46 pm

Thanks all! look forward to learning more!

smltooner

#5 Post by smltooner » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:37 pm

Welcome to the club.
SMLTOONER
Ted & Emily
2019 Bennington 21SL Tri-toon
2019 Yamaha 150 HP
Smith Mtn. Lake, Virginia