New guy looking for info

Check in here and say hi!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Clint

New guy looking for info

#1 Post by Clint » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:53 pm

We are looking to buy our first Tri toon not many choices around me but I like the way the g3 suncatcher looks. Any info on these? Probably a 322 series maybe the rear fish model or the as pros cons? Only thing close is a Lowe dealer about an hour away but they don’t have the storage in the 3rd pontoon without special order he said anyway.

ROLAND

Re: New guy looking for info

#2 Post by ROLAND » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:12 am

Clint... I don't own a G3 but I came very very close to buying one when I was shopping for a toon.. we really liked the layout on the G3 a little better than the other boat we were considering, which was a Bennington... However we ended up buying the Benny because that dealership was here in town, the G3 dealership was about an hour away... and to be honest, the general manager at the bennington dealership was a former neighbor of mine and he gave me a killer price that no one could touch. Love my benny, havent had any issues, but I'm sure we would have been happy with the G3 as well... Have fun boat shopping.
Roland & Jo
2010 Bennington 20 Sfi
Yamaha 75 4 Stroke
Shreveport, Louisiana

steve1313

Re: New guy looking for info

#3 Post by steve1313 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:51 am

Clint-
Welcome to the forum! There's lots of great information here. You'll love the pontoon lifestyle!

G3 is a Yamaha company, so you'll only be able to get Yamaha power, but that's not a bad thing!

I'm a big believer in "pick the dealer, then pick the boat", especially if you're buying a new boat. A relationship with a great dealer can make a huge difference in your overall experience. Boat dealers aren't like car dealers. Buy a boat at one place and try to get it serviced somewhere else, you're liable to be at the end of the service line. Also, when you do get your boat, do an on water delivery if at all possible and take your time and go over the boat carefully to find any fit and finish or other issues that need attention. If you find anything, have those corrected BEFORE you take final delivery.
Steve
"Serendipity" - 2017 Sweetwater 2286 WB Tritoon w/ 150HP Yamaha
Slipped at Lake Anna, Virginia
Primary Residence: Richmond, Virgina
Lake House: Lake Anna, Virginia