New to toons

Check in here and say hi!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Lilguy

New to toons

#1 Post by Lilguy » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:27 pm

Shopping pontoons after 30 years with V hulls. Went to the Chicago show early this year and was surprised at the number available now. Must have something to do with us boomers getting older.
Got my eye on South Bay, composite deck. Merc OB and a Phoenix trailer. Live close to a lake system NW of Chicago and will travel to Wisconsin more then a few times a year. Looking forward to learning a lot about these boats here.

FogHorn

Re: New to toons

#2 Post by FogHorn » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:47 am

Lilguy wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:27 pm
Shopping pontoons after 30 years with V hulls. Went to the Chicago show early this year and was surprised at the number available now. Must have something to do with us boomers getting older.
Got my eye on South Bay, composite deck. Merc OB and a Phoenix trailer. Live close to a lake system NW of Chicago and will travel to Wisconsin more then a few times a year. Looking forward to learning a lot about these boats here.
That is similar to my experience... After 30 years with a V-hull I succumbed to a South Bay and have been very happy with it.
Last edited by FogHorn on Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
2015 SouthBay 522FRC w/ F150 Yamaha
1983 Conroy X18 w/ Volvo 125 I/O

bradm

Re: New to toons

#3 Post by bradm » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:49 pm

We had two South Bays and were very happy with both. Figuring out exactly what we wanted with them. Could not get floor plan and windshield we wanted so ended up with different brand. But would have gladly gone South Bay again otherwise.

Good luck and post what you decide. Watching others boat shop is almost as much fun as shopping yourself :biggrin2
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Brad M.
2019 Manitou Legacy with 350 Suzuki
2016 South Bay 523 Arch. 250 Suzuki SS (sold)