New from AZ

Check in here and say hi!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Tsd906

New from AZ

#1 Post by Tsd906 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:14 pm

Hello all. New Pontoon owner here in Arizona. I traded in a 19 ft Yamaha jet boat for a Tritoon with room to move about: 2020 Avalon 2485 Rear Lounger with 200 Mercury OB. Loving the toon life so far :nana !

I've done a quick look around here, and haven't found a lot of threads on Stereo set ups on pontoon boats. Could be I haven't explored this site enough yet. Anyway, that's the one topic I'm hoping to learn more about in here. I am specifically looking to use Wake board tower speakers mounted to the square railing and be able to swivel them to face front to rock the sand bar. Anyone have a similar set up?

Glad to join!

steve1313

Re: New from AZ

#2 Post by steve1313 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:48 pm

Welcome!

I moved from a 19 ft I/O to a triton and never looked back. I gained a smoother ride, extra room and can still pull tubes, skiers, etc. It's a change I wish I would have made sooner.

As far as audio systems go, you'll find it easier in many ways to run wiring, find places to store amps, etc. than on a traditional V hull. I looked at doing tower type speakers for awhile, but I had a hard time finding clamps meant to attach to the square tube railing. I ended up just replacing the flush mounted speakers, adding a nice amp and a good subwoofer and I've got plenty of volume and power to be heard whether I'm cruising at 30+MPH or hanging out at the sand bar.
Steve
"Serendipity" - 2017 Sweetwater 2286 WB Tritoon w/ 150HP Yamaha
Slipped at Lake Anna, Virginia
Primary Residence: Richmond, Virgina
Lake House: Lake Anna, Virginia

TWB

Re: New from AZ

#3 Post by TWB » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:57 pm

Welcome to the forum! You should be able to find any helpful info you need here. Lots of great guys with experience and knowledge... and then there are a few of us who just wander around and drink beer!

:givebeer :givebeer
Paul & Michele
2003 Landau DX 24' Cruise "Loretta Jane"
2003 Mercury 75hp
My Rebuild: http://pontoonforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=26135

"Don't waste brain cells over something you can do nothing about." --My Wife