New Man on the Logs in Eagle RIver Wisconsin

Check in here and say hi!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Pickinator

New Man on the Logs in Eagle RIver Wisconsin

#1 Post by Pickinator » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:38 pm

This is a transported first post from the wrong thread. I was advised by another more-established member to move the post here and to say hi.

Hi:
My name is Jim. We live in Eagle River Wisconsin on the chain (Catfish Lake). My wife had been wanting a pontoon boat for 28 years. I have always been opposed to it, as I like small fast boats. We have a Switzer and a Hydrostream for the adrenaline, which my wife also likes.

3 years ago we took the plunge. We purchased a 21' 500 series Southbay with a new 90 hp Merc 4 stroke. It has the "L" grouping of furniture and the extra Bow bench to enclose the pit group seating. It is 8'6" wide and has the 25" dia tubes.
We installed a depth gauge and a 4.1 stereo system with subwoofer, power amp, equalizer, and LEDs for fancy interior lighting in the Kicker speakers. We have a bunk trailer for it and this year we are refitting an older 108" Shoremaster lift. (I know - 6 inches to spare).

We bought the brackets and attached two 14ft (2 X 12's) on Saturday. Now we just have to get it down by the dock.

-Any advice on how far forward to put the pontoon boat of the lift. I am figuring that the bow sticks out over the front with the stern snugged up closer? I thought that there might be a formula to determine the proper positioning.

Wife, 4 kids, and friends wanted us to break down and get a pontoon boat. I caved.
It does 24 mph top speed. Not an impressive number. It seems like a pretty average pontoon boat with a nice stereo. The 4 stroke 90 is very quiet.

I just wanted to say "Hi", now that I have been approved by the forum moderators.

wwind3

Re: New Man on the Logs in Eagle RIver Wisconsin

#2 Post by wwind3 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:37 pm

cool ! Welcome aboard! Post some pics! :biggrin2
2009 LOWE SS204 25in logs
90 Merc Optimax
Motorguide W55 Wireless
Underskinning
28 GPS

onlybillhere

Re: New Man on the Logs in Eagle RIver Wisconsin

#3 Post by onlybillhere » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:16 am