Howdy from Wyoming

Check in here and say hi!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Wyo George

Howdy from Wyoming

#1 Post by Wyo George » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:10 pm

Well howdy folks.

I'll try to keep my intro brief, but that's not an are I am know for excelling!

I'm a family guy with wife and three kids and for work I teach motorcycle classes, work on motorcycles, restore antique American cars and trucks and spend way too much time in a machine shop. In my spare time, which is few with three jobs, I build boats, ride motorcycles, fish and camp. I recently picked up a 1993 TMC 2021 with a 35 Mercury on it and it's in need of a complete restore. I'll be tackling that job once spring gets closer and I finish one of the boats I'm currently building. Once upon a time I owned an upholstery shop in northeast Georgia and I restored, re-decked and re-upholstered dozens of pontoons so I'll be doing all the work myself. I'm usually pretty good about posting lots of pictures on the forums and so I'll make an honest attempt at doing a good job of documenting this build.

In the meantime, it's good to be here and hopefully we can enjoy some time together chatting about boats, fish and whatever else happens across the screen.

G
1993 TMC 2021 restoration project

ROLAND

Re: Howdy from Wyoming

#2 Post by ROLAND » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:29 am

George, welcome to the forum. bunch of good, knowledgeable guys on here that can help you with any rebuild questions you have. Don't forget to post some pics as you start your project and again, welcome to the group!
Roland & Jo
2010 Bennington 20 Sfi
Yamaha 75 4 Stroke
Shreveport, Louisiana

Marc K

#3 Post by Marc K » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:39 am

Welcome, George.

As Roland said, many of us like seeing progress pictures of restoration projects!

Marc
Cedar Creek Lake, TX
Big and ugly but we love our 1999/2000 Crest II DL with a Yamaha F115

curtiscapk

#4 Post by curtiscapk » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:44 am

Yep we love the pics!!!!!!!! I am guilty of posting a lot on my build. It's in my sig.
Craig and Paula
"THE FLOATER" rebuild Spring 2013
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15328
94 Party Barge 24' 115 merc
Turning Point hustler 14 x 13 prop
22mph gps 3 people
12 F150
Overland Park Ks
Hillsdale Lake, KS

TWB

#5 Post by TWB » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:20 am

Hey, George - Welcome to the group! Lots of knowledge here to draw from. Enjoy!
Paul & Michele
2003 Landau DX 24' Cruise "Loretta Jane"
2003 Mercury 75hp
My Rebuild: http://pontoonforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=26135

"Don't waste brain cells over something you can do nothing about." --My Wife

firedog

#6 Post by firedog » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:48 pm

Hello there Wyo George!!
I am here in Casper, WY. Love boating, camping, 4-wheeling and everything Wyoming has to offer. Hope you are adpting to the Wyoming Weather, sucks as it does sometimes, great in the Summer and Fall!!! Hope to see so of your pictures of your work. Take care and be safe.
2005 JC 246 24" Tri-toon 5.0l V-8 "Can't You Sea"
2015 F-150 3.5 Eco Boost, Platinum
2004 F-350 Superduty, bulletproofed
2019 Toyota Highlander
30' Coleman 300 TQ
Several 4-Wheelers
Casper WY

bansil

#7 Post by bansil » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:49 pm

Wyo George wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:10 pm
Well howdy folks.

I'll try to keep my intro brief, but that's not an are I am know for excelling!

I'm a family guy with wife and three kids and for work I teach motorcycle classes, work on motorcycles, restore antique American cars and trucks and spend way too much time in a machine shop. In my spare time, which is few with three jobs, I build boats, ride motorcycles, fish and camp. I recently picked up a 1993 TMC 2021 with a 35 Mercury on it and it's in need of a complete restore. I'll be tackling that job once spring gets closer and I finish one of the boats I'm currently building. Once upon a time I owned an upholstery shop in northeast Georgia and I restored, re-decked and re-upholstered dozens of pontoons so I'll be doing all the work myself. I'm usually pretty good about posting lots of pictures on the forums and so I'll make an honest attempt at doing a good job of documenting this build.

In the meantime, it's good to be here and hopefully we can enjoy some time together chatting about boats, fish and whatever else happens across the screen.

G
Machine shop :donno

26 years so far.. :lol3 ..have "retired" to QC manager.....they can't get shiat over on me since I can program and run all the lathes, mills and wire edms :happy

Welcome aboard :drunks
Check out "Dudes" site www.whereisdude.com