Howdy from Tx

Check in here and say hi!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

JerryTx

Howdy from Tx

#1 Post by JerryTx » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:04 am

I am a less than newbie, not to boating, but to pontoons, and am probably a year out from getting one. My wife and I are going to build a house on a lake lot on False River Louisiana, gets us close to family, my sister and family have one there. We used to travel a lot in our rv, but it's getting tougher, I'm in a wheelchair from getting run over on my bike while sitting at a redlight many years ago. So my wife said "let's get a backyard we don't want to leave". Ok.

She loves to fish, I was a hunter, but I like things with big engines, we had a Ranger bass boat with a 150 for awhile, had a welder weld up a lift on the trailer so I could get in the boat. But the ride got too rough for her, she has neck disc issues. Been looking into pontoon layouts that can work for me. I will ask my questions in the general forum, as I hope it will get a lot of responses over coming months.

I looked at a few pontoon forums, this one seemed to be a very active one, so thought this was the place to be. So, good mornin' y'all.

Marc K

Re: Howdy from Tx

#2 Post by Marc K » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:44 am

Welcome, Jerry:

This is a good place with great folks - as long as you can deal with blunt talk and some good laughter!

Marc Kurth
Cedar Creek Lake, TX
Big and ugly but we love our 1999/2000 Crest II DL with a Yamaha F115

TWB

#3 Post by TWB » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:21 am

Hey, Jerry! Welcome to the group. As Marc says - there are lots of great folks here who will be happy to offer opinions...sometimes not even solicited!

Good luck with your floorplan search. Post pics often.

-Paul
Paul & Michele
2003 Landau DX 24' Cruise "Loretta Jane"
2003 Mercury 75hp
My Rebuild: http://pontoonforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=26135

"Don't waste brain cells over something you can do nothing about." --My Wife

JerryTx

#4 Post by JerryTx » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:03 am

Thanks for the welcome guys. I've got pretty thick skin, except on my butt from sitting all the time, so a little tough banter won't shake me much. Plus I come from a family of 9, and rode Harleys for 24 years, I've verbally tussled with some tough opponents. :biggrin2

Looking forward to getting good ideas and opinions from y'all.