New pontoon owner

Check in here and say hi!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Tprice

New pontoon owner

#1 Post by Tprice » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:52 am

Lifetime boater at 58 yrs old, have a 21CC for fishing (both fresh and salt water )

Due to grandkids (3 ages 6 yrs, 1yr and 4 months ) wife wanted a pontoon and we actually found a new one in stock last weekend locally

240 Swingback Bentley w 140 Susie and also got galvanized trailer

Do have a question, pros/cons of taking a pontoon to the coast. My sister and I have a family vacation home on Isle of Palms and I NEVER go to the coast without my boat however Brother in law just took delivery of brand new Sea Pro 248 so my wife is asking about taking pontoon

Very familiar w saltwater use on boats(flushing engines , thoroughly cleaning and spray all electrical connections with protectant .

Main reason I got a galvanized trailer was just for this purpose

If I take it this will be just for cruising ICW and creeks and such

Pros/cons to salwater use for pontoons

steve1313

Re: New pontoon owner

#2 Post by steve1313 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:28 am

Welcome to the forum!

Congrats on your new boat. It's obvious this isn't your first rodeo (or boat!!), and it's clear you understand saltwater related issues. I can't see any reason why taking the pontoon down the ICW would pose any issues. If this is your first pontoon boat, I think you'll quickly realize the benefits of having the extra space. Many of us came from traditional V-hulls and we've realized the many benefits of the "pontoon lifestyle".
Steve
"Serendipity" - 2017 Sweetwater 2286 WB Tritoon w/ 150HP Yamaha
Slipped at Lake Anna, Virginia
Primary Residence: Richmond, Virgina
Lake House: Lake Anna, Virginia

Tprice

Re: New pontoon owner

#3 Post by Tprice » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:47 pm

Thanks

Biggest reason for pontoon was the much needed room