Welcome

Check in here and say hi!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

captain kurt

Re: Welcome

#76 Post by captain kurt » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:41 pm

wow ! just love the site.its a great tool to help me in picking a toon & do a bit of reasearch be for i buy a toon. my wife and two girls 10 and 5 YEARS. Are looking forward to havin a lot of fun.love to play and travel. We live just 10 miles from Lake Tahoe and close to many other lakes. my goal is to make my first toon the right one if i can.we used to have a 24 foot sail boat,was that fun however lots of work got some nice photos of that. where do i start ?Ive see lots of photos . even rented a 24" toon on lake alminor in the sierras.Just want a toy to pull the family around on a tube or a board.then sit and bask in the sun. any recomendations on used $7000. up to $16000 . any to stay away from.soooo many to pick from out there.I may need you help to make a good choice. im open. :bowdown oh please help me toon gods and goddesses of the sea (lakes)
2001 Premier
250 R.E Majestic
4.3lt Tri toon
Lake Tahoe, Nv
2001 Dodge 1500 5.9lt

Hey! What's in your Bucket?

Bateauxdriver

#77 Post by Bateauxdriver » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:30 am

Hey guys I'm new here. I just bought a 2006 32 Party Cruiser. This is my first pontoon boat and I hope to enjoy it as much as other boats that I have owned. The boat is equipped with a 115 hp Mercury Optimax as well as a Trailstar tandem axle trailer. The rig has low hours and seems to be in good shape. It was in need of a good cleaning but other than that seems very sound. I'm glad to be amoung you guys now and I did use this forum for information on selecting my boat.
2006 Party Cruiser 32 with 115 Optimax

Our home is on the Amite River. Port Vincent, LA.

Current conditions for Amite River at Port Vincent.
http://ahps.srh.noaa.gov/ahps2/hydrogra ... ,1,1,1,1,1

badmoonrising
Site Admin

#78 Post by badmoonrising » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:09 am

Welcome ! I have the same boat, except mine's an I/O. Bought it new in '06 and love it.
Ed, Cheryl, Ethan and Aspen.
2013 Sun Tracker Party Barge 22 w/90 HP Mercury, "Hellrhighwater 2"
2014 E-350 Extended XLT.
Chesapeake City ,MD

jazgeek

#79 Post by jazgeek » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:39 pm

Howdy,

we bought a used Bennington 2575 FS with a 115 Yamaha. Took it out for the first time last weekend...

We're stoked for the summer!!!!

Thomas/NH

#80 Post by Thomas/NH » Sat May 01, 2010 4:08 am

Hi guys

New guy here... I just sold my 38' sailboat due to health reasons (getting old) and now looking to buy a PC. Wow this is going to be quite a lifestyle change for me, but it’s time to move on. I do a lot of SCUBA diving here on Lake Winnipesaukee in NH and I think this boat will provide an easier access to the water and shelter for when it turns bad. I have lots of questions on the stability of this boat and performance. The PC I'm looking at is a 06 and seem to be in good shape and a reasonable price.

I'd love to hear your comments

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#81 Post by HandymanHerb » Sat May 01, 2010 6:11 am

Welcome just ask away and we will do what we can to help
In Memory of John 6x6 Larsen

badmoonrising
Site Admin

#82 Post by badmoonrising » Sat May 01, 2010 9:06 am

Thomas/NH wrote:Hi guys

New guy here... I just sold my 38' sailboat due to health reasons (getting old) and now looking to buy a PC. Wow this is going to be quite a lifestyle change for me, but it’s time to move on. I do a lot of SCUBA diving here on Lake Winnipesaukee in NH and I think this boat will provide an easier access to the water and shelter for when it turns bad. I have lots of questions on the stability of this boat and performance. The PC I'm looking at is a 06 and seem to be in good shape and a reasonable price.

I'd love to hear your comments
Feel free to ask any questions that you may have. I've bought my '06 PC new and love it. As for stability, check out my "The weather started getting rough" thread :rofl :rofl :rofl
2014 E-350 Extended XLT.
Chesapeake City ,MD

badmoonrising
Site Admin

#83 Post by badmoonrising » Sat May 01, 2010 9:07 am

2014 E-350 Extended XLT.
Chesapeake City ,MD

Thomas/NH

#84 Post by Thomas/NH » Sun May 02, 2010 2:20 pm

Well, I bought it today! 2006 Sun Tracker PC.... My wife Linda says, "You sold your big sailboat, the pride of the lake because it was too much work to handle it & maintain it and then bought this... are you out of your mind???" It's a good boat, fresh water only, not so clean, no front canvas and my god is it ugly and the price was good considering how far I'd have to tranport another one. I'm buying it from a broker at a marina just up the lake from our Yacht club, bought a boat from them 26 years ago.

I have been following you (badmoonrising) and your boat on the internet for a few weeks now and based on your posts I deided to buy it.

I'm a avid SCUBA diver as well as my wife and twenty other friends, we hunt for artifacts on the lake mostly old botlles and what not. I think this will make a great dive platform to pursue the sport. Usually we have four divers on board and diving off a sailboat is easy, it's getting back on and stowing the gear that's the challenge.

The lake gets rough somedays in fact real rough with an east west access with mountains on either side you get a slot effect and it can be brutal. Those days we'll have to stay in port.

Here's the first question: We have four kayaks which we trailed behind our old boat, traveled up lake 10 to 12 miles and explore around some islands. How do you reach any tie downs? I'm thinking about adding a swim platform on the back to faciliate handling the ducks as well as Med-mooring at the docks on busy weekends what do you think?

badmoonrising
Site Admin

#85 Post by badmoonrising » Mon May 03, 2010 4:06 am

If you want to tow them behind, I would add a cleat or 2 at the top rail on the stern fence. I added one at port and starboard to hang fenders on because we raft up alot. It's a better idea to add a swim platform though. It's also been something that I am considering for my PC.
2014 E-350 Extended XLT.
Chesapeake City ,MD

Freetime

#86 Post by Freetime » Mon May 31, 2010 11:14 am

Hi new to pontoons but loving the one we just purchased 24' Sun tracker DL party Barge.

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#87 Post by HandymanHerb » Mon May 31, 2010 11:23 am

Welcome, now's where the pictures

Freetime

#88 Post by Freetime » Mon May 31, 2010 8:50 pm

Have pic's just dont know how to post?

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#89 Post by HandymanHerb » Mon May 31, 2010 11:53 pm

See all you have to do is ask, first post them in General Pontoon & Deckboat Discussion when your ready, but we have two ways, but size them to 640x480, fits our page better, then with them saved on your computer scroll down to upload attachment, hit browse find the picture, hit submit and your done.

2nd way is to have them saved to a site like photo shack and then post the link to it and highlight it and then hit the IMG button up top and your done.

Just yell if you need help, I can still remember when I didn't know how to poat pictures and I was helped, hell I still get helped, I didn't know how to post you tube video's so they would show the preview and they even learned me.

jdftwrth97

#90 Post by jdftwrth97 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:55 am

Hi there,

I am new to this site and decided to become a member after reading some of posts. They convinced me that you folks are the real thing!

Don't own a boat at present but after being out on several over the years its been something that my wife have always wanted to do.

A pontoon boat is for me the best option, I messed up my back when I was a kid and it makes it difficult to get around, but a pontoon boat is a nice level platform (most of the time) so its easier to get on and off.

The primary use for this boat will be for fishing and I need one which can handle 7 or 8 adults comfortably and capable of getting from point a to point b in a reasonable amount of time.

I live in Granbury Texas and just for grins rented a 18' pontoon boat a couple of weeks ago and took it out on the local late, it was agonizingly slow and with a moderate chop on the lake you could get "sea sick" in a heart beat.

I have spent a fair amount of time visiting the various manufacturers web sites trying to get an understanding of what the various pontoon boat options are and what benefit they provide. To say that the various manufactures and the different features they offer are bewildering would be an understatement.

So i am open to any and all suggestions!

Thanks

JD