Yup, I bought one....

Check in here and say hi!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

CT Arrow

Yup, I bought one....

#1 Post by CT Arrow » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:55 pm

Greetings all!

Another first toon owner! We just ordered a 2010 Harris Grand Mariner,
22' w/ 115HP 4 stroke. We plan on boating on the CT. River in and around Essex, CT.

Any GA Pilots on board?

Best,

Andy
Harris floteboat.jpg
Should look like this...
Harris floteboat.jpg (93.96 KiB) Viewed 3669 times
2010 Harris Grand Mariner (May arrival)
22', tri-toon, 115hp Merc
Toonin' down the CT River

dockholiday

Re: Yup, I bought one....

#2 Post by dockholiday » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:04 pm

Welcome......congrats on the new toon, really nice looking rig.

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#3 Post by HandymanHerb » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:21 pm

Welcome, nice looking toon for sure, as for GA Pilots on board a few of us, don't know about them but I can't afford to fly since 9/11 or just shocked at the costs to fly now days.

The guy that owns the Great Clips here has an Icon on order and going for his LSA licence, so maybe he let me fly his once in a while.

But he said he paying more for a Remos LSA trainer by the hour than I was for a Cutlass RG before 9/11.

My last 2 flights were with the shuttle

In Memory of John 6x6 Larsen

mike
Site Owner

#4 Post by mike » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:40 pm

Glad you signed up, that is one pretty pontoon! :nana :fasttoon
1999 Voyager 21' Express Fish triple toon 115hp Mercury (SOLD)
2004 Ford F150 SuperCrew
Boise Idaho

ROLAND

#5 Post by ROLAND » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:35 am

Andy... welcome to the club. Sweeeeet lookin rig you bought there... :bowdown when is your expected delivery date?
Roland & Jo
2010 Bennington 20 Sfi
Yamaha 75 4 Stroke
Shreveport, Louisiana

CT Arrow

#6 Post by CT Arrow » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:36 am

Hey Roland and others,

Thanks for the warm welcome! The dealer expects to take delivery the week before
Memorial day. Seems Harris is quite busy! A day or two of prep and we should have it in time for the Memorial day Weekend (Fingers crossed!)

Tony's Berkshire Boats in Pittsfield, MA was great to work with! We would highly recommend them!!!

CT Arrow

#7 Post by CT Arrow » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:43 am

HandymanHerb wrote:Welcome, nice looking toon for sure, as for GA Pilots on board a few of us, don't know about them but I can't afford to fly since 9/11 or just shocked at the costs to fly now days.

The guy that owns the Great Clips here has an Icon on order and going for his LSA licence, so maybe he let me fly his once in a while.

But he said he paying more for a Remos LSA trainer by the hour than I was for a Cutlass RG before 9/11.

My last 2 flights were with the shuttle

Hey Herb,

Yea, the expense of flying and ownership is huge. I fly an Arrow IV and I am fortunate that I can use the aircraft for Biz so depreciation helps!. I log about 150 hours a year VFR and IFR. Currently working on my Commercial rating and hope to fly Caravans in Belize as a retirement job. Time and money will tell :biggrin2

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#8 Post by HandymanHerb » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:19 am

Cool I was working that way till money got so tight in Florida and businesses that were always working good together and making money started to disappear.

Then the housing crash put the nails in the coffin of a bunch more, but I keep hoping it will turn around soon but Florida and California got the worst of it and going to be the last to climb out of it.

But I'm glad for all who can still get to fly, our flying club had to fold after many long years when the insurance rates went up on clubs.

But lets see some pictures of the plane too, I can still dream.

CT Arrow

#9 Post by CT Arrow » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:10 pm

Yes, FL and CA. took huge hits in many markets especially building. The Northeast has slowed down in some markets but doing well in others. I am involved in Public Safety Communications throughout the Mid-Atlantic & Northeast and were busy. Hope it stays like this!!! Gotta pay for the boat somehow :)

Here's the Arrow IV:
click for bigger picture

79' Arrow IV, 200HP
Garmin 530, STEC55X, Strike finder, XM WX,,,
140KTS
Perfect machine for reaching clients and trips to Block island or the Vineyard.

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#10 Post by HandymanHerb » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:27 pm

ImageImageImage

Sun n Fun is going on and I was thinking about going to look and pay for a ride in a amfib, but that's like taking a kid to the candy store and all he gets to do is look.

Nice looking Seawind for sale in NC I was trying to talk the owner Great Clips into buying and canceling his Icon, but I guess he doesn't want to spend that much or get the licensed for it, I told him I'll be glad to fly him around, but I would have be retrained for the glass panel.

My customer who has a home in the Bahamas had to sale his 310 when his mortgage business went down the tubes and is in the process of looking for another plane, he says he needs me to come do some work for him down there, so maybe I'll get some flying in this year, if the Lord is willing.

I'll just keep saying, the Pontoon is cheaper and you can carry more people, the Pontoon is cheaper and you can carry more people,the Pontoon is cheaper and you can carry more people LOL.

CT Arrow

#11 Post by CT Arrow » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:39 pm

Yea, I decided to sit this year out of SNF. Been 6 years in a row and it was beginning
to get boring. Amfib sounds very cool! Lots of great deals on aircraft if you have the $$$, which nobody does!!!

Yea, I concur " the Pontoon is cheaper and you can carry more people, the Pontoon is cheaper and you can carry more people,the Pontoon is cheaper and you can carry more people" :)