Sup fellas new pontoon owner in Kansas City 78' Lowe 24 foot

Check in here and say hi!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

KConJacomo

Sup fellas new pontoon owner in Kansas City 78' Lowe 24 foot

#1 Post by KConJacomo » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:17 am

Sup fellas, nice site! I've been lurking for a few days. Bought a 24 foot Lowe pontoon boat last weekend. Old, made in 78, but it's in lake ready shape I think. Previous owner insisted this is a good boat and he would put it on the water as is.

It's got a 35 Evinrude 2 cycle outboard, which makes it HP legal for 3 decent local lakes, Blue Springs Lake, Lake Jacomo and Longview Lake. Planning on taking it out one night this coming week. Hope I don't sink! Ha

Boat has slightly newer seats, newer electronics on the engine, newer cables and throttle. Brand new water pump. Carpet is ok. Seats are usable, starting to come apart on seams. The toons are scratched and pretty dirty at the water line. I might work on cleaning them up this year.

Came with a home made trailer which has no title yet. Seller said I need to take it to MO Highway Patrol to get a title. Seller said he had no problems with the untitled trailer in the few years he used it.

Paid $1200 for the boat and trailer. Spent $200 on registering boat and motor for 3 years. Now looking at bimini tops because this boat has no top. Also wanting to get a mooring cover off ebay.

I'll get pics this week. I just cleaned the boat out yesterday but my camera is out of town along with the GF. I've got the boat at my bros house and there seems to be a lot of excitement among the friends to get this boat out often ha! I'll get some pics of the boat, myself and the local lakes ASAP. Thanks guys. :)
78' Lowe 24' Pontoon with mid 80's seats and 35HP Evinrude.
Enjoying Jacomo.

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

Re: Sup fellas new pontoon owner in Kansas City 78' Lowe 24 foot

#2 Post by HandymanHerb » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:30 pm

Welcome glad to have you with us.
In Memory of John 6x6 Larsen

curtiscapk

#3 Post by curtiscapk » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:44 pm

Welcome fellow kc'er. Cant wait for pics
Craig and Paula
"THE FLOATER" rebuild Spring 2013
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15328
94 Party Barge 24' 115 merc
Turning Point hustler 14 x 13 prop
22mph gps 3 people
12 F150
Overland Park Ks
Hillsdale Lake, KS

KConJacomo

#4 Post by KConJacomo » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:30 pm

OK, looks like were going on Longview Lake on Tues/Wed evening and I'll get pics! Warning, boat is ugly. Ha :biggrin2
78' Lowe 24' Pontoon with mid 80's seats and 35HP Evinrude.
Enjoying Jacomo.