NEED HELP!!!

Check in here and say hi!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

waterbug72

NEED HELP!!!

#1 Post by waterbug72 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:37 pm

HELLO ALL,

NEW TO THE TOON AND DECK BOAT WORLD??? BUT NEED HELP BEFORE PURCHASE.

OK LONG STORY SHORT, SOLD BASS BOAT TO GET JET SKIS DONT LIKE JETS SKIS NO MORE SELLING TO GET PONTOON OR DECK BOAT..
WHICH IS PREFERRED???
ME DECK BOAT GO FASTER, BUT OLD ENOUGH TO PUT AROUND, SECOND FAMILIAR WITH OUTBOARDS NOT I/O?
HERES MY EXAMPLE
87 HURRICANE WITH 140 SUZUKI ON IT
89 GODFREY HURRICANE 115
84 HARBOR CRAFT I/O 3.8 V6..
WHAT TO LOOK FOR SIGNS O FBAD THINGS ON THESE BOATS ???
PLEASE HELP SOLD FISHING BOAT FOR FAMILY OUTINGS :)

mike
Site Owner

Re: NEED HELP!!!

#2 Post by mike » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:42 pm

I prefer a pontoon for several reasons... You can beach them without worry, LARGE flat area is much more family friendly, less bow rise on takeoff, holds more people typically and more room. I think most of the people here will take comfort over speed any day!
1999 Voyager 21' Express Fish triple toon 115hp Mercury (SOLD)
2004 Ford F150 SuperCrew
Boise Idaho

ROLAND

#3 Post by ROLAND » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:01 am

My vote is for the Pontoon boat... agree with everything Mike said. and if speed's important, you can still get a pontoon that will haul a$$ AND give you remarkably good handling, but you'll have to shell out alot more cash. But in general, for family outing pleasure, nothing beats a toon. JMO
Roland & Jo
2010 Bennington 20 Sfi
Yamaha 75 4 Stroke
Shreveport, Louisiana

dockholiday

#4 Post by dockholiday » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:45 am

Guess the one thing I like about pontoons is you can get up an walk around. Even the larger deck boats don't provide this freedom. Like a living room on the water, even better my living room doesn't have a bathroom or sundeck. Sacrificing 5 or 10mph diff no problem. If you don't want to loose that 5 or 10mph you don't have to. Lot's of toons go 30 40 an 50mph. Pretty sure my boat with max rated hpwould be knocking on the door of 50. Typically more speed more money. My first toon only had a 90 but it pushed it along fairly well. Toons are one of the most versatile boats ever made. Sold