New Member saying hello

Check in here and say hi!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Ike

New Member saying hello

#1 Post by Ike » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:45 pm

I have had this forum on my links page for several years but never really gotten into it. But while researching another topic entirely I ran across a post from this forum that I wanted to contribute to.

I am retired Coast Guard. I spent 20 years in uniform and 14 years as a civilian engineer for the USCG. During the uniform years I did a lot of different things, I was both enlisted and then an officer. Much of my time as an Officer I worked in boating Safety first as an accident investigator and then as a Director of Auxiliary. For a few years I ran an industrial facility maintaining and building Coast Guard facilities and Aids to Navigation. Then I went to HQ and worked in Boating Standards with boat manufacturers. As a civilian engineer I was also in boating standards working with boat manufacturers, helping them comply with Federal and ABYC standards. I am a memeber of ABYC and have been on many committees but served longest on the Electrical Systems and the Fuel and Ventilation Systems committees.

I have been around small boats all my life, I can't remember the first time I was on a boat. Having been born in the PACNW, they have always been there. I have owned several over the years, all sailboats, except my current boat which is an 11 ft rowboat. But I have been out in all kinds from dinghies to ships, sail and power. I have never owned a pontoon boat but have known plenty who do. They are very useful at what they are intended for.

Anyway glad to be here, I hope I can make a useful cotribution.
Peter Eikenberry
http://newboatbuilders.com
Dont' tell me that I can't. Tell me how I can.

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

Re: New Member saying hello

#2 Post by HandymanHerb » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:54 pm

Welcome, glad to have a man with your background in Safety with us.
In Memory of John 6x6 Larsen

badmoonrising
Site Admin

Re: New Member saying hello

#3 Post by badmoonrising » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:10 pm

Welcome :drink4
Ed, Cheryl, Ethan and Aspen.
2013 Sun Tracker Party Barge 22 w/90 HP Mercury, "Hellrhighwater 2"
2014 E-350 Extended XLT.
Chesapeake City ,MD