New Member..Reason for being

Check in here and say hi!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Polarlit

New Member..Reason for being

#1 Post by Polarlit » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:12 pm

Hi All..Been lurking in the background for a bit.I see you are all gents in most of your post..My wife and I been planning to buy a power boat for the last five years..Been close but just didn't feel right pullin the trigger on the deals we worked out.Last summer we rented a cottage and I would only rent from one that had a Pontoon boat.We ended up with a 20 foot pontoon.My familys experience with this pontoon was incredible.We spent 9 hours a day for 7 days fishing and just havin fun.Our whole outlook on boating changed so now we are in the market for one.We are going to check out the Toronto Boat show in January and sart there..So get ready for lots of questions....The knickname is from me being Bipolar wich is cool for my wife because she says we are polar oppisites...Don't worry I am only have nuts
Thanks
Polarlit

Snider4

Re: New Member..Reason for being

#2 Post by Snider4 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:24 pm

Best money we have ever spent, go for it and welcome to the forum
Snider4
Misty Harbor 2080RE
Merc 50
Sprinter Select 26BH
Ohio

lakerunner
Site Moderator

#3 Post by lakerunner » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:06 pm

Welcome. We discovered toons kinda like you. we camped on Tenkiller here about 30 years ago and rented a 24ft with 18hp. We had so much fun on it. We owned many boats prior to toons, everything from Bass Boats, Jon boats, plastic 2 man boats, ski boats, and V hull fishing boats. Toons were for those with better incomes than us for years. We would go to local dealer and drool over new Harris FlotBoats. Finally we were able to afford one and bought our first toon (18 ft lowe /25hp) the day after our youngest was born. She is 23 now and we have since had a 20ft Sundancer/90 I fished from daily, 24ft Sundancer cruise mainly some fishing and now a 22 Regency / 90 4Stk. Needless to say we love toons and will have one till we die.
So may memories are made on a toon. Family and friends can gather and enjoy our passion, Tooning.

The toon on left was my 24 that I sold to a friend

Here is our youngest Jessica and hubby Adam. They spend most Sunday afternoons on lake with us.
Loyd & Betty Meeks
Livin the lake life
2004 Tracker 22 Regency/2010 90 E-Tec. Pulled by Ford 2020 F 250,
McAlester, Oklahoma
Home lake is Tenkiller

badmoonrising
Site Admin

#4 Post by badmoonrising » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:10 am

Yeah Cheryl and I have owned boats of all configurations over the years and when we decided on a pontoon, we considered an Adventurecraft, a Catamaran Cruiser and the Party Cruiser. The PC was the lightest, roomiest, best equipped and the most fuel effcient of the other two, and we never regretted deciding on the 'toon.

I wished we had decided to go 'toon years ago. You'll love every minute of it.

Btw, Welcome !
Ed, Cheryl, Ethan and Aspen.
2013 Sun Tracker Party Barge 22 w/90 HP Mercury, "Hellrhighwater 2"
2014 E-350 Extended XLT.
Chesapeake City ,MD

bug73
Site Moderator

#5 Post by bug73 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:25 pm

You discovered how fun they are...NOW GO BUY ONE!!

LOL

Just Kidding...

One thing to remember is buy the largest engine you can afford! Thats the best advice I wish I had gotten before I bought. I bought one that is just barley big enough but sometimes wish it was a bit bigger. Dont let the dealer try and talk you into a 24 ft boat with a 40 hp engine telling you thats big enough...remember, you can always throttle down if your going too fast.

WELCOME to the Forum...we have a great collection of knowledge here and will be happy to answer any question you ask. There are no dumb questions either!

Again welcome to the forum
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
- William Arthur Ward

25 foot Catalina Sailboat