Travel Trailer anyone?

Lets talk about all aspects of camping & Fishing... location, gear, tips & tricks, ect... (credit for this section goes to backlash)

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

mike
Site Owner

#16 Post by mike » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:02 am

Thanks for the tips! We (She) are already talking about what we are gonna buy for it! I would be just fine with several boxes of mac & cheese and a fridge full of beer!! :lol:
1999 Voyager 21' Express Fish triple toon 115hp Mercury (SOLD)
2004 Ford F150 SuperCrew
Boise Idaho

Toontroller

#17 Post by Toontroller » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:47 am

Ok Mike I'm gonna be brutally honest with you IT'S NOT WORTH A CRAP!

You see the problem is it's parked in front of the house, it needs to be at the Campground with a campfire and beer and chairs and beer and the toon and beer, you get my point.

Really that is a great looking rig, hope you and the wife get to spend lots of quality time using it.

Oh, If your water hookup is like mine on the trailer a cheap little chrome job go get you a good brass hose adapter with sharp cut threads on the male end to screw into the trailers hookup before attaching the hose. This will help greatly with water leaking at the connection. I have not been able to find the white (potable) hose with really good ends, all I can find around here are the ones that have rolled threads and they can be a bear to hook up and not leak.

One other thing I have been told for years that keeping the trailer level during storage is a must for the longevity of the fridge, I cannot say if it's true or not but cheap insurance if it is.

Congrats.
1991 Sun Tracker Bass Buggy 16
Evinrude 40

Bet I have the shortest Toon on this board also

mike
Site Owner

#18 Post by mike » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:28 am

My dad told me that if your fridge goes out, you can pull it and turn it upside down for a while and the refridgerant will recombine (I guess it seperates out??)

Dont know how true this is on newer fridges??
1999 Voyager 21' Express Fish triple toon 115hp Mercury (SOLD)
2004 Ford F150 SuperCrew
Boise Idaho