Bowfishing off a Pontoon

Lets talk about all aspects of camping & Fishing... location, gear, tips & tricks, ect... (credit for this section goes to backlash)

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

exospex

Bowfishing off a Pontoon

#1 Post by exospex » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:45 am

This past weekend I went out with my cousin and I bowfished for carp for the first time. We weren't out long as we didn't properly charge the spotlights before hand. We did shoot three nice carp, and the boys had a blast watching and spotting for us.

My toon is not set up for it, it's more of a cruiser. I'm looking for some ideas to help set it up a little better for bowfishing. It has to be mostly temporary stuff as the boss would not want me to disturb the looks of her pretty boat :nono

I would love to see some pics of your setups if you have them.

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup
Matt & Kerrie
----2004 Aqua Patio 240RE----Cross Lake-Western NY
Onion Creek Farms----Rubs, sauces and spices----"Eat well, laugh, and enjoy life"

badmoonrising
Site Admin

Re: Bowfishing off a Pontoon

#2 Post by badmoonrising » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:23 am

I've bow fished carp from shore but never from a boat, still fun though :thumbsup
Ed, Cheryl, Ethan and Aspen.
2013 Sun Tracker Party Barge 22 w/90 HP Mercury, "Hellrhighwater 2"
2014 E-350 Extended XLT.
Chesapeake City ,MD

Rangercd

#3 Post by Rangercd » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:27 am

I've bow fished gar and carp from land and boat but I never fished for them at night. I can't think of anything much that you would need other then putting something down to keep the goo from dripping all over your deck.
I was always in boats that we could go back and hose out.
Charlie and Patty
24' Tracker Party Barge
Full Enclosure
60hp Mercury
Minn Kota Terrova 80# Ipilot
2004 F-250 Quad Cab 6.0

exospex

#4 Post by exospex » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:01 am

Luckily enough I bought a boat that has snap-in carpet over a vinyl deck. I don't think we've had the carpet in it since the first year we had it. It makes clean up all around easier, and after we had nailed a few carp, I just tossed a bucket of water on the deck and all was good.

Over the weekend I got my bow set up. I bought a combo from a company called AMS Bowfishing. and best of all it's Made in the USA!! :usa

I'm heading out to the lake tonight for a week. I'll see if I can post some pics when I get back.
Matt & Kerrie
----2004 Aqua Patio 240RE----Cross Lake-Western NY
Onion Creek Farms----Rubs, sauces and spices----"Eat well, laugh, and enjoy life"

blackberg

#5 Post by blackberg » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:54 pm

I been thinking of adding a step stool or ladder to get a better angle and get over the rail easier

-bb