charleston bay to do?

Lets talk about all aspects of camping & Fishing... location, gear, tips & tricks, ect... (credit for this section goes to backlash)

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

serpa4

charleston bay to do?

#1 Post by serpa4 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:36 am

I was thinking of boating in the bay. What is there to see? Google only turns up paid tours but nothing i can do/see on my own toon. I wascan thinking of one days worth of fun, or if cheap, ~100, staying somewhere tieing up and sleeping near a marina for a two day trip. A boat ramp with a rinse station woild be nice also. Any suggestions or website to visit?

wely

Re: charleston bay to do?

#2 Post by wely » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:29 am

Did you ever get any info on taking your toon to charleston? I have head of people taking the river through moultrie and marion to charleston.

crspang

#3 Post by crspang » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:09 pm

I know it's a little late, but Morris island is the place to go in charleston harbor. Go just a little past fort Sumter and turn right and look for the boats. It's like sandy beach on lake Murray.

wely

#4 Post by wely » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:46 pm

Do you see alot of toons in the bay @ charleston? I have always wanted to take the river trip from columbia thru the locks to charleston. Maybe this christmas when the bugs are gone and the rivers higher?