forest service

Lets talk about all aspects of camping & Fishing... location, gear, tips & tricks, ect... (credit for this section goes to backlash)

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

killerkernrich

forest service

#1 Post by killerkernrich » Wed May 16, 2012 6:33 pm

up at the lake Isabella, CA. you can camp at the aux damm for 14 days in a 30 day period so the sign says.
what does it mean to you guys.??
I will try to get a pic of the sign.
Premier 221 Explorer 60hp merc

Proud Father of a Drill Sergeant at 193rd Basic Training Infantry Brigade, Ft Jackson, SC

PLP Member
Why don't anti-gun people have stickers on their windows that say This is a gun free home
NRA member
UFC fan

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

Re: forest service

#2 Post by HandymanHerb » Wed May 16, 2012 6:51 pm

Means you can't stay there more than 14 days every month, you have to move some where else for 16 days
In Memory of John 6x6 Larsen

PlaynDoc

#3 Post by PlaynDoc » Wed May 16, 2012 6:54 pm

Ah... but, it also means that you register the first two weeks as your name, then register the next week with your wife/son/dog/neighbor's name... It's on the register record that counts, not who pays for it... right?
2011 SunChaser DS22
Mercury 115 EFI
13.75 x 15p

blackberg

#4 Post by blackberg » Wed May 16, 2012 6:57 pm

max of 14 days in 30 days, they dont want you to stays more than 14 days in 30 days in any combination

so you cant stay the third week of a month, take 5days somewhere else, then come back for 10 straight days, since that would be 17 days in 30 days, touching 2 different months

-bb

Texoma Toon

#5 Post by Texoma Toon » Wed May 16, 2012 6:59 pm

Ah what the hell just stay till they tel ya to leave! :donno
2007 G3 LX 22 Fish & Cruise
90 Hp Yammy
Dual Axle Trailer

The proud American will go down into Obama's slavery without a fight, beating his chest and proclaiming to the world how free he really is. The world will only snicker. - Pravda

Ron Burgundy

#6 Post by Ron Burgundy » Wed May 16, 2012 8:42 pm

Typical California law.
-Ron Burgundy, "Stay Classy San Diego"

2005 Fiesta Fish n' Fun 20' 50HP Yamaha 2 Stroke
Fishing and Cruising Florida's Islands

The cure for anything is saltwater – sweat, tears, or the sea. Isak Dinesen

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#7 Post by HandymanHerb » Wed May 16, 2012 9:02 pm

Dad is in a RV memembership like that, if he is on the road, he picks out places to spend a week and it's free when he spends a week, then when he is in town with all the rest of the snow birds, he can spend 14 days in a park, then has to move for two weeks and he didn't have to pay to stay because it's part of his membership deal.
In Memory of John 6x6 Larsen

blackberg

#8 Post by blackberg » Wed May 16, 2012 9:24 pm

part of the reason they do it, is to prevent you from becoming a tenant, once you become a tenant, you get alot more rights than just a camper
-bb

killerkernrich

#9 Post by killerkernrich » Wed May 16, 2012 9:55 pm

they have ran me off the ranger said I have to be gone for 30 days...I told him thats crap...
I will find out this trip...cause I was there for 14 days and when I came back to the camper after fishing there was a note on my trailer that I needed to leave as I have been there for 14 days so I am adding 16 days to that an I get 30 on fri may the 4th, an when I get there tommorow on the 17th of may which will be also exactly 30 days from the 14 day notice.
I will see which one he likes the best...
Hell I spend alot of money up there.
Premier 221 Explorer 60hp merc

Proud Father of a Drill Sergeant at 193rd Basic Training Infantry Brigade, Ft Jackson, SC

PLP Member
Why don't anti-gun people have stickers on their windows that say This is a gun free home
NRA member
UFC fan

Bamaman

#10 Post by Bamaman » Thu May 17, 2012 6:29 am

I agree with Herb--"Means you can't stay there more than 14 days every month, you have to move some where else for 16 days".

If you have a question, contact the forestry service's regional office. If it's the U.S. Forestry Service, you can probably contact them online. If it's the State of California Forestry Office, they probably forgot to pay their internet bill.

I also am a part owner/member of a large RV park, and our rules are that other owners can stay 14 days in a row for free before they have to vacate that campsite. If they work the calender right, they can do 14 days in one month and 14 days in the next month on 2 separate sites--28 days total. We probably have 50 members with two memberships that stay in the campground 9 months out of the year for $670 (2 activity fees). That's cheap living.
'12 Bennington 24' SSLX Yamaha 150

BobG

#11 Post by BobG » Thu May 17, 2012 6:30 am

Ron Burgundy wrote:Typical California law.
Actually, I think it's a USFS rule. We have the same thing in Colorado.
They might check license plate numbers, so changing the name might not work.
If the place isn't crowded, I doubt they would make an issue of it, but if it is, they can be real jerks.

If you do exceed 14 days, I would suggest moving to a different spot after 14 days, so it doesn't "look" the same.
2012 Tahoe 24' Fish-n-Fun Tritoon, with Mercury 115 HP 4-Stroke
"Trine SS Cape" (Trying 2S Cape)
Add a battery: viewtopic.php?t=13546&p=105893#p105893
I'm not a liberal, but I play one on this site.

RonKMiller

#12 Post by RonKMiller » Thu May 17, 2012 8:57 am

I've seen them boot trucks/trailers at Lake Powell for being parked for more than 14 days. :nono The put crime scene tape around the entire truck/trailer. Not much you can do at that point except pay the fine to get your rig back. I think there is some serious money involved... :scared

Since Powell is so huge you could stay forever if you wanted by simply moving every couple of weeks and leaving your truck/trailer at a private for pay lot. The only issue is that your receipt is time stamped, so in the unlikely event you encountered a ranger while on the water and he checked you out - you would - as Ricky Ricardo used to say: "have some splainin' to do".
:biggrin2

Interestingly enough, when I last visited, the kiosk dispensing permits was broken, and I went to a lot of trouble finding a ranger to get a permit. When I finally found one he said not to worry about it since it was the end of the "season" - stay as long as I want! :shock: