He said the other generator was better than mine

Lets talk about all aspects of camping & Fishing... location, gear, tips & tricks, ect... (credit for this section goes to backlash)

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Mr Geets

He said the other generator was better than mine

#1 Post by Mr Geets » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:20 pm

We were at a gathering where most of us had generators. I have had a lot of comments on how quiet my Honda 3000 is. My neighbor came over and said the other generator next to him was probably better than my Honda - at least he could hear it!!! And laughed. The $600 variety have a lot of drawbacks besides the noise factor.
I live in my own mind
Ain't nothin but a good time
No rain just the sunshine
Out here in my own mind
-Lyle Lovett "In My Own Mind"
2011 Princecraft 21 full camper top
90 Merc efi 4 stroke

Bamaman

Re: He said the other generator was better than mine

#2 Post by Bamaman » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:45 pm

LOL!

The Honda 3000i is top of the line.

You're right that electricity is not just electricity. Give me the 3000i (or 2 Honda 2000I's) anytime for good, clean power. They're not as apt to fry your television like one of the cheap Briggs & Stratton powered generators will.

I once took my travel trailer to Talladega Raceway on a Wednesday, and it was a sea of thousands of white RV's. Everyone ran their loud, cheap generators from 8:00 a.m. until midnight. I was quite miserable with the noise.
'12 Bennington 24' SSLX Yamaha 150

badmoonrising
Site Admin

Re: He said the other generator was better than mine

#3 Post by badmoonrising » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:51 pm

Love my Eu2000i. 6 seasons of problem free service. We lost power at the house twice (18 hrs one winter) and after a hurricane in the summer (22 hours). It powered my home fridge, computers, a few lights and the flat screen tv on very little gas. Also use it every year at Canal Days.
Ed, Cheryl, Ethan and Aspen.
2013 Sun Tracker Party Barge 22 w/90 HP Mercury, "Hellrhighwater 2"
2014 E-350 Extended XLT.
Chesapeake City ,MD