Shimano Chronarch 200E / 50E

Lets talk about all aspects of camping & Fishing... location, gear, tips & tricks, ect... (credit for this section goes to backlash)

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

ezrollin

Shimano Chronarch 200E / 50E

#1 Post by ezrollin » Sun May 05, 2013 3:29 pm

I need to to up grade my fresh water fishing reels and I'm looking at the Shimano 200e and 50e . I will be fishing mainly for large mouth bass and sunshine bass[striper / white bass hybrid] using 14 1b test line. I know they are basically the same reel the 50e is smaller and holds a little less line.Anyone using either or have any input,Thanks !

bassn386

Re: Shimano Chronarch 200E / 50E

#2 Post by bassn386 » Mon May 06, 2013 7:36 am

I have two Shimano Chronarch reels, but mine are gold anodized. I was going to upgrade all my bait casters to them a few years ago, but by the time I was ready the price had jumped by $100 to $300!
I looked at the pics on BassPro and it seems like they've changed the reel, at least for the material.
I can't remember which gear ratio I have, but I really like them. One I use almost exclusively for plastic worm fishing.
I like the size of the reel; it fits better in my hand that some of the other bait casters I have. It did take me a little while to learn how to set the magnetic drag to minimize back lashes, but their really my favorites now.
I'm going to have to take another look at them now that the price has come down.
From what I read, the difference between the two, other than the weight, is the gear ratio. So, I guess it depends on what type of lure you're going to use and whether you need a faster retrieve to accomplish that.
2011 Bennington 2575RCW w/ ESP
F225 Yamaha

ezrollin

Re: Shimano Chronarch 200E / 50E

#3 Post by ezrollin » Tue May 07, 2013 2:35 pm

Thanks for your input, I've been doing some research on the Shimano Chronarch and Lew's tournament pro.They both appear to be very good reels but the Lew's TP seems to have a little more quality looking at the specs and is an ounce lighter.Check some fishing forums and many that have both seem to like the Lew's better.I'm leaning toward the Lew's TP.