More Frustrating Than Golf!

Lets talk about all aspects of camping & Fishing... location, gear, tips & tricks, ect... (credit for this section goes to backlash)

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

RcgTexas

Re: More Frustrating Than Golf!

#31 Post by RcgTexas » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:00 pm

Went out with friends and family last weekend. sat at the helm and worked the troll motor with the remote. Was asked why I wasn't fishing. I said I am I'm on my boat there are rods out and I am having a beer in the shade. Whats not fishing about that. :donno
1995 beachcomber conversion to tritoon with Honda 135 ,

Link to rebuild [url=http://www.pontoonforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19016][Knot Normal][/url]

God Bless America

joe20toon

#32 Post by joe20toon » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:59 am

2016 20 foot Sylvan RPT (V Pontoons)
Yamaha Vmax SHO 115HP
80 Pound Thrust RipTide Trolling Motor
Humminbird Helix 7 Side Imaging

NonHyphenAmerican

#33 Post by NonHyphenAmerican » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:27 pm

I've been known to be competitive, especially with my brother or nephew-in-law.

For some reason, no matter which end of the boat they're on, I catch more fish. :nana

Most of the time however, a day on the boat is about relaxing, watching the wildlife, others out on the lake, and simply enjoying the fact that I'm blessed with owning a pontoon.

Most days, if I'm fishing, I'll catch something.

I'm not a snob, so if it's edible and it bent my pole, I'll take it home and fry it up.

Some days, if I haven't caught any on the lake, I'll dip a worm around the docks, pull out a bluegill or two or three, toss em back and call it good that I didn't get skunked.

I think the one thing that makes me go "Hmmmm", is how on a weekday when all the un-retired folks are working, the kids are all in school, and there's a whole 4 boats on the lake, that we all wind up within about 100 square yards of each other. :?:
[color=#FF0000][b]22' G3 SunCatcher V22F
Yamaha F-90
Tooning on El Dorado Reservoir[/b][/color]