gator hunters

Lets talk about all aspects of camping & Fishing... location, gear, tips & tricks, ect... (credit for this section goes to backlash)

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

ROLAND

gator hunters

#1 Post by ROLAND » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:03 am

Okay, so it's a sunday afternoon, didn't want to cut the grass, wife had too much stuff to do so she didn't want to take the boat out.. so I ski-dattle over to the shreveport convention center to take in the FLW Expo. Basically a boating and all things fishing expo.... I'm walking around and looking at all the beautiful boats when all of a sudden I hear " Choot em Mrs. Elizabeth, Choot em".... turn around and standing there in one of the booths is Troy Landy of the tv show swamp people... with him was his son Chase, and two other cast members T-roy and bigfoot.... Did not have my camera or cell phone with me so I had to settle on getting a hat autographed... All 4 of these guys were just nice as they could be... just down to earth good ol boys....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Roland & Jo
2010 Bennington 20 Sfi
Yamaha 75 4 Stroke
Shreveport, Louisiana

redbeard

Re: gator hunters

#2 Post by redbeard » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:48 am

Good job Roland, watch them all the time guess that make me a Redneck. :thumbsup
Truman Lake
1986 24' Playcraft "The Georgia Peach"
1996 Evinrude 88 HP
14x11 Prop

killerkernrich

#3 Post by killerkernrich » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:25 am

Love that show I would pay to hunt with them for the day.
Premier 221 Explorer 60hp merc

Proud Father of a Drill Sergeant at 193rd Basic Training Infantry Brigade, Ft Jackson, SC

PLP Member
Why don't anti-gun people have stickers on their windows that say This is a gun free home
NRA member
UFC fan

margaritaman

#4 Post by margaritaman » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:34 am

killerkernrich wrote:Love that show I would pay to hunt with them for the day.
You don't have to pay Handyman Herb to go gator hunting with him. He is looking for new bait. :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Cruising the salt waters of East Florida.

badmoonrising
Site Admin

#5 Post by badmoonrising » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:38 am

Would like to meet those guys and the Robertson's any day of the week :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup
Ed, Cheryl, Ethan and Aspen.
2013 Sun Tracker Party Barge 22 w/90 HP Mercury, "Hellrhighwater 2"
2014 E-350 Extended XLT.
Chesapeake City ,MD

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#6 Post by HandymanHerb » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:48 am

I wish the guys would take better care of their guns, some of them look like they are ready to blow up on you or rust apart, and I love the way one shot with a .22 and the gator is dead, doesn't happen, unless you blow the top of their head off with a .308 or bigger, we had gator we shot and cut the spinal cord that still had enough fight left to try to bite you when unloading them four hour later.

But it is a fun show to watch and laugh about, where in the hell was our show when we were at it hot and heavy, we never got the easy property's to hunt and were following someone else who got all the easy ones, we followed the trappers sons the last time we hunted, said they cleaned the place out, we got 22 in two days.

Even this little guy below they missed him with all the signs showing he was there, he took a piece out of most gators on the farm, just about every gator had something bit off we caught, so that told you he was here and we got him, but it was a good fight and he almost won, notice the legs of my pants showed we were pulled into the water with him, we don't like going into the water with big bull gators.

Here there are in the cooler trailer ready to head to the shop, dam imageshack lost all the rest of my pictures of the trip, so much for safe picture storage

In Memory of John 6x6 Larsen

spurhunter

#7 Post by spurhunter » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:11 am

Not much reality in reality TV nowadays. The Landry's are good folks though, Im just not a big fan of the Texas crew yet.
Custom 89 24' Procraft Funchaser Tri-toon
1985 Johnson 175 gas guzzler
2007 2500HD Duramax Z71

ROLAND

#8 Post by ROLAND » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:53 am

well there's a footnote to this story... monday morning as troy broussard ( t-roy ) was leaving our fair city he was involved in a traffic accident.... some lady t-boned his boat trailer, knocking his air boat off and against some utilty poles.... no one seriously hurt, but I think that air boat's gonna need a little TLC.....here's a link

http://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/arti ... c-accident
Roland & Jo
2010 Bennington 20 Sfi
Yamaha 75 4 Stroke
Shreveport, Louisiana

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#9 Post by HandymanHerb » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:51 am

You left something out of the story, he ran a red light, that's going to cost him down the road.
In Memory of John 6x6 Larsen

ROLAND

#10 Post by ROLAND » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:20 am

Herb.. you're right, he did run the light and I think he got a ticket.. didn't mention it since it was in the video....
Roland & Jo
2010 Bennington 20 Sfi
Yamaha 75 4 Stroke
Shreveport, Louisiana

ROLAND

#11 Post by ROLAND » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:17 am

So I saw on the news tonight where a guy in south Louisiana caught a 760 lb, 13' 4" foot gator this weekend... damn thing is HUGE...... check it out!

http://kfor.com/2013/09/18/louisiana-ma ... e-weekend/
Roland & Jo
2010 Bennington 20 Sfi
Yamaha 75 4 Stroke
Shreveport, Louisiana