Your opinions please

Lets talk about all aspects of camping & Fishing... location, gear, tips & tricks, ect... (credit for this section goes to backlash)

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Toontroller

Your opinions please

#1 Post by Toontroller » Tue May 02, 2006 7:44 am

Had the travel trailer parked next to the toon yesterday and while looking for something on the toon noticed two things.

One, a pontoon boat on a trailer makes for a great platform to check the roof of a travel trailer :D

Two, I have a small membrane tear in the roof of the trailer. :shock:

My thought is to use 3-M 5200 marine sealant on the small corner tear. My thoughts are it should stick well and is water and weather proof.

Any suggestions or OH MY GOD! DON'T DO IT! MY UNCLE'S THIRD COUSIN ON HIS STEP BROTHERS SIDE DID THAT AND IT GLUED THE MICROWAVE DOOR SHUT FOREVER!!!!!
1991 Sun Tracker Bass Buggy 16
Evinrude 40

Bet I have the shortest Toon on this board also

RiverLiver

#2 Post by RiverLiver » Tue May 02, 2006 8:07 am

Membrane as in a EPDM rubber roofing membrane (commercial and residential applications?)?

There are seam tape products for these types of roofing materials. Super sticky heavy duty stuff.

I happen to have a roll of commercial grade seam tape. If all else fails, I can send you a strip.
1988 JC
Thornapple River
Cascade, MI

Beamer

#3 Post by Beamer » Tue May 02, 2006 8:29 am

Go to an RV trailer sales depot, they have products just for that problem.
22' AquaPatio 90 4s Yamaha
Port Perry, Canada

Toontroller

#4 Post by Toontroller » Tue May 02, 2006 12:57 pm

Thanks guy's!

RiverLiver it is EDPM and thanks for the offer! I will look for some of the proper material to fix the small cut it's right where the top meets the side so I think one of the liquid repairs will be the easiest to use, probly not the best but I am the lazy one in the family.(according to my wife) :roll:
1991 Sun Tracker Bass Buggy 16
Evinrude 40

Bet I have the shortest Toon on this board also