Trout

Lets talk about all aspects of camping & Fishing... location, gear, tips & tricks, ect... (credit for this section goes to backlash)

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Lindsay90

Trout

#1 Post by Lindsay90 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:04 am

I was wondering what you guys use to troll for trout or kokanee? I don't fish much for trout or kokanee but for the 4th I am camping and that is really the only thing they have at this lake. This is what I have been using lead core line and spoons with white corn on the hook. What other things can I use? Thanks,
Jason.

Skallywag

#2 Post by Skallywag » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:08 am

Hey Lindsay. Since we are in the same town, what lakes are you fishing?

For Trout, Kokes I predominately fish Wishon, Huntington, and Pine Flat. For Trout only another good spot is Hensley and Eastman.

For the Kings I'm fishing Pine Flat and usually from 80 feet deep and down depending where I find them in the lake.

I'm going to hook up with Gary Mirales at Shasta this year and let him show me the real deal with Koke's. His guide service runs around $150 for the day and he's top notch. By the way....he'll be at the Fresno Sportsman Show in March.

I'm also going to Malones, Don Pedro, and a small lake 'San Luis Creek Res.' just south of Los Banos this year.

Let me know what equipment you have, electronics, and lakes you like. I'll help the best I can. I never run out of fish in the freezer.

Skally (Edd)

Lindsay90

#3 Post by Lindsay90 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:32 pm

Hi Skally,

I was into bass fishing won a tournament at Pine Flat a year ago. I am wanting to change up things now. Back in the days I used to stream fish allot for trout so I really do not have much as far as gear goes. I did buy three poles with lead line to troll Shaver Lake last year and worked out great. Used wedding rings to super hoochie. I use my pontoon to troll, a 20' Fisher pontoon. Been to all the lakes you have talked about for bass fishing and Los Banos I go for them stripers love it! I just now have to try the lakes for trout now. I plan on going to Pine Flat and Shaver Lake most of the time this year so any help would be great. Thank you Jason.
2003 Fisher Liberty 200