Fishing Ethics and A Holes

Lets talk about all aspects of camping & Fishing... location, gear, tips & tricks, ect... (credit for this section goes to backlash)

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

lakerunner
Site Moderator

Re: Fishing Ethics and A Holes

#16 Post by lakerunner » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:00 pm

Ok I finally understand, If someone is fishing your dock they are assholes yet if your fishing someone else's they are the assholes. Thanks for clearing that up
Loyd & Betty Meeks
Livin the lake life
2004 Tracker 22 Regency/2010 90 E-Tec. Pulled by Ford 2020 F 250,
McAlester, Oklahoma
Home lake is Tenkiller

REPETE

#17 Post by REPETE » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:30 pm

lakerunner wrote:Ok I finally understand, If someone is fishing your dock they are assholes yet if your fishing someone else's they are the assholes. Thanks for clearing that up
Nooooo....holding onto somebodies dock while you reach under and flip, like somebody told the story about....if it's a dock like I have ....is absolutely ridiculous. Again, I'm sure it depends on the actual dock set up we're talking about. You can't really even pull close to my pier without bumping one of my boats. There are 101 different scenarios here. If my golden is out swimming in front of my pier and a person casts close to her...they better know karate or be carrying a weapon. :sutata If a person were so bold to think he could drop a PERFECT cast under my toon and he breaks off under the lift or hooks my toon cover...? You don't think that's reason to be pissed? Again...I'm deadly with my casts but I would know better than to even try that BS. It's just looking for trouble.
Just verified it on Snopes. Liberals are complete mouth breathing idiots.

I shanked my lover because hoes kept stealing my taco's.

dockholiday

#18 Post by dockholiday » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:31 pm

lakerunner wrote:Ok I finally understand, If someone is fishing your dock they are assholes yet if your fishing someone else's they are the assholes. Thanks for clearing that up
Not sure if that was directed at me, but I have not fished in over 5 years, they can catch every fish in the lake I don't care. Every boat that comes into the cove fishes all the docks don't have a problem with that. But I never had one that came up did not say anything and was all but climbing up on the dock with me.
doc

lakerunner
Site Moderator

#19 Post by lakerunner » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:49 pm

Ok Doc and Petey now that I have you both pissed and veins popping I can say

GOTCHA YA BASTARDS LOL :tofunny :tofunny :tofunny
Loyd & Betty Meeks
Livin the lake life
McAlester, Oklahoma
Home lake is Tenkiller

Heatman

#20 Post by Heatman » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:02 pm

LMAO!!!!

That's great Loyd!!!
2014 Tracker Targa V-18 Combo/ Mercury 150hp 4 stroke
'06 Dodge 1500 QC 4x4 Big Horn Hemi
Sheridan, Indiana

lakerunner
Site Moderator

#21 Post by lakerunner » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:31 pm

Thank You, Thank You very much

You guys are to easy :givebeer
Loyd & Betty Meeks
Livin the lake life
McAlester, Oklahoma
Home lake is Tenkiller

dockholiday

#22 Post by dockholiday » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:39 pm

lakerunner wrote:Ok Doc and Petey now that I have you both pissed and veins popping I can say

Hell lets don't stop, I just had to go clean some guns, I am back now..................
dead eye doc

REPETE

#23 Post by REPETE » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:32 am

lakerunner wrote:Ok Doc and Petey now that I have you both pissed and veins popping I can say

:tofunny :nana C'mon Loyd....I know you better than that... no veins popping here.
Just verified it on Snopes. Liberals are complete mouth breathing idiots.

I shanked my lover because hoes kept stealing my taco's.

Homer Lee

#24 Post by Homer Lee » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:02 am

The only fishermen that has crouded me was a few Bass fishermen. I have Never had a catfisherman to set up next to me.

BassFrequency

#25 Post by BassFrequency » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:56 pm

we've got sunken trees all around our cove for crappie fishing and a week ago cuz the water is down and some are visable. a guy in a bass boat was takin pics of all the fish beds for the next tourny. :x then he made an ass of himself and ran aground into one he couldnt see :rofl :rofl :rofl

if i catch a tourny boat workin our beds i just go down to the dock and play with the floating boom box :biggrin2

so far not a bass boat has hung around more than 5min after i start with the tunes. :rofl :rofl :rofl

the damn cabin yachts are another story though. :fyou
24' 1989 Starcraft 23.1mph gps
60HP Evinrude
'96 GMC Jimmy "The Demon" custom 8 ball lever 4x4
no muffler or cat. just strait to the back

toondog

#26 Post by toondog » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:27 pm

While they may have a right to fish under your dock, it's still pretty dam rude to invade your space like that.
On lake Travis, property lines can go to the old river or creek bed. While they can't keep people out of that water, they can keep you from droping an anchor on the bottom they own.
96 20 special Grumman 50hp evinrude
13 Blazer outboard jet boat
11 12ft Perception Kayak
18 250 6.7 powerstroke

Jump aboard, let's take a ride. <-clicky

Bmac

#27 Post by Bmac » Fri May 21, 2010 9:19 pm

REPETE wrote:Simple Question...you see some guy fishing out in the middle of the lake and you have no idea why he's fishing there.

Do you:

A. Make a mental note and try to find the spot later.
B. Reach for another beer, burp and keep driving.
C. Drive right up on the guy within a 15 yards to determin the structure and why he's fishing there while rocking his boat so bad with your wake that he has to sit down.

If you chose C you are an I-D-I-O-T :asshole

I had that happen twice to me last week. One time the pecker heads came within 15 yards of me and I hear one guy say to his friend "Yep, it comes right up to 5 feet there". We'll have to try that later". :x Talk about having zero pride in finding your own fishing holes or at the very least not blatently hijacking somebody elses while they are working a spot!!! AHOLES!!!!!!!!
It happens for sure,

Have had them close enough to tangle my lines,break rods,scratch the gelcoat,even scrape the paint on my outboard. My favorite was when an older gent came casually trolling by. We tried hiding the fact we were on fish by sitting back in our seats. Before he got around us there were 2 poles bending. He grabs the mic on his radio and hollers to his buddies, yup they're on fish. Sure we heard him he was only 20' away. Soon we seen two more boats coming from 2 miles away. These weren't the typical weekend warriors,but retired folks who can spend all week finding fish.

I learned to buy myself some time with extra marker bouys. When I scoped the arches I wanted to fish I'd throw out a marker. Then make a large circle tossing more markers at random. There, now I have mine to fish at and they have their's. It's amazing how many people will stop to fish your other markers. Soon they get ticked that your catching fish,and leave because they're not. Some even take your marker.

Sometimes asking them if they'd just like to climb in my boat would get them to leave. Or quitely drift back from your spot unkwowingly pulling them with you,then pulling back up to your fish after they leave.

Worse case scenerio,grab the pole with the heaviest line,tie the biggest baddest trebble hook have'n crankbait on,let out a couple hundred foot of line,tie it to the downrigger cannonball,let it down and make your own casual troll around them. When your pole doubles over enjoy the site of 6 people getting a bite at the same time. Now I'm usually polite on the water,but there are those times...

tuned

#28 Post by tuned » Mon May 31, 2010 5:43 am

Great discussion here, guys. Sorry I'm late.

Up here in the boondocks, all the locals pretty much know each other and would never think to pull in on another marker unless it is to say hi and crack a beer. Besides, the lake is huge and fairly deserted with plenty of humps for everybody.

Nevertheless, tourist season began 2 days ago and things change for the next month or two. We get blasted with a lot of city folk that seem to have no concept of respect. They think nothing of pulling in on a boat. Standard etiquette around here is to at least say hi and maybe ask if you mind having a neighbor? When somebody is polite like that, they are always welcomed. When they act like the next boat over doesn't even exist, hackles get raised.

Just last weekend, some a-hole pulled in so close to me that he actually snagged my line during his troll. Didn't say a word to me....grrrrrrrrr. When I asked him if he wanted to fish my jig, he acted like I was being the rude one. Moron.

So much wilderness here that there is not a lot of under-dock fishing. If I were an owner and somebody came up and grabbed my dock without even saying howdy, I'd blow a gasket. Even tho he would possibly be legally in the right, he would be receiving a rather long and loud lecture about MANNERS.

Here's another one that hasn't been mentioned in this thread. If you watch carefully, you can see the bass boats zipping by you at enough of a distance to 'appear' respectful, yet close enough to slyly reach up to the GPS and push that button. At least those guys wait until you've vacated before moving in. It's a start...sigh.
ToddBob
'Al the Mirthmaker' (The Third)
Build-- viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14007
Rainy Lake/Voyageurs National Park
International Falls, MN