Fishing Ethics and A Holes

Lets talk about all aspects of camping & Fishing... location, gear, tips & tricks, ect... (credit for this section goes to backlash)

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

REPETE

Fishing Ethics and A Holes

#1 Post by REPETE » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:29 pm

Simple Question...you see some guy fishing out in the middle of the lake and you have no idea why he's fishing there.

Do you:

A. Make a mental note and try to find the spot later.
B. Reach for another beer, burp and keep driving.
C. Drive right up on the guy within a 15 yards to determin the structure and why he's fishing there while rocking his boat so bad with your wake that he has to sit down.

If you chose C you are an I-D-I-O-T :asshole

I had that happen twice to me last week. One time the pecker heads came within 15 yards of me and I hear one guy say to his friend "Yep, it comes right up to 5 feet there". We'll have to try that later". :x Talk about having zero pride in finding your own fishing holes or at the very least not blatently hijacking somebody elses while they are working a spot!!! AHOLES!!!!!!!!
Just verified it on Snopes. Liberals are complete mouth breathing idiots.

I shanked my lover because hoes kept stealing my taco's.

badmoonrising
Site Admin

Re: Fishing Ethics and A Holes

#2 Post by badmoonrising » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:49 pm

I see a guy fishing, I stay as far away from him as possible. I already have my secret spots and wouldn't want him following me :tofunny
Ed, Cheryl, Ethan and Aspen.
2013 Sun Tracker Party Barge 22 w/90 HP Mercury, "Hellrhighwater 2"
2014 E-350 Extended XLT.
Chesapeake City ,MD

sHan tn

#3 Post by sHan tn » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:32 am

We have them azzholes here too. i had a guy not long ago drive by the back of my boat not more than 15-20 yards and throw out one of the markers behind my boat and drive off and stit along the shore and fish, well i accidently snaged that marker with my line and had to bring it in the boat to untangle it and il be dam if i didnt forget to throw it back out :) as soon as i left he went flying out to that area and you could see him going in circles looking for that marker :) i hate morons :)

:drive
1982 Sylvan 24' Toon
50hp Evenruder
my fishin/camping boat

An unarmed man is a subject.
911: Government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.
When seconds count....Police are minutes away

dockholiday

#4 Post by dockholiday » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:10 am

Some are real bad. The bass fishermen seem to be the worst in our area. I have been sitting on my dock and had them come in grab the dock and lean under it so they could jig under it. They never said anything and acted like I wasn't even there. When those guy are fishing in a tournament they become oblivious to anything and everything. When they leave they always slam the throttle to wide open. Make some pretty good wakes, since most are packing 200hp or better.
doc

REPETE

#5 Post by REPETE » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:10 pm

sHan tn wrote:We have them azzholes here too. i had a guy not long ago drive by the back of my boat not more than 15-20 yards and throw out one of the markers behind my boat and drive off and stit along the shore and fish, well i accidently snaged that marker with my line and had to bring it in the boat to untangle it and il be dam if i didnt forget to throw it back out :) as soon as i left he went flying out to that area and you could see him going in circles looking for that marker :) i hate morons :)

Ohhhhhhh now THAT would put over the top. Ohhhhh myyyyyyyy God. :ak47
I'm just amazed at people. ...and holding onto a dock while jigging under it?!??! UN-REAL.

dockholiday

#6 Post by dockholiday » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:41 pm

REPETE wrote:
sHan tn wrote:We have them azzholes here too. i had a guy not long ago drive by the back of my boat not more than 15-20 yards and throw out one of the markers behind my boat and drive off and stit along the shore and fish, well i accidently snaged that marker with my line and had to bring it in the boat to untangle it and il be dam if i didnt forget to throw it back out :) as soon as i left he went flying out to that area and you could see him going in circles looking for that marker :) i hate morons :)

Ohhhhhhh now THAT would put over the top. Ohhhhh myyyyyyyy God. :ak47
I'm just amazed at people. ...and holding onto a dock while jigging under it?!??! UN-REAL.
While I may not own the dock or seawall, I did spend thousands of dollars having each put in, and pay annual fees for both. Not to mention the tax I pay annually. I have not let that stop me from putting people in the street that thought my dock looked like a good place to come fish from.
doc

lakerunner
Site Moderator

#7 Post by lakerunner » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:23 pm

So let me get this straight, if someone is fishing along your shoreline and toss a jig under your dock you run them off?
Loyd & Betty Meeks
Livin the lake life
2004 Tracker 22 Regency/2010 90 E-Tec. Pulled by Ford 2020 F 250,
McAlester, Oklahoma
Home lake is Tenkiller

dockholiday

#8 Post by dockholiday » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:15 pm

Never seen anyone walking around the lake fishing the shoreline. Less the public boat ramps and picnic areas the remainder is basically subdivisions and there is no way to access the lake in our area with out going through private property. My understanding is you could walk around the entire lake (not sure about the gated communities) but Ga Power has an easement/RW around the lake. Anyway been there 29 years and never seen anyone walking the bank fishing.

lakerunner
Site Moderator

#9 Post by lakerunner » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:40 pm

Let me clear what I meant. If a boat fisherman is fishing the shoreline and tosses a jig under your dock you run them off? Seems awful petty to me but what do I know as I am just a boat fisherman not a dock owner.
Loyd & Betty Meeks
Livin the lake life
2004 Tracker 22 Regency/2010 90 E-Tec. Pulled by Ford 2020 F 250,
McAlester, Oklahoma
Home lake is Tenkiller

dockholiday

#10 Post by dockholiday » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:17 pm

What I originally said or meant to say is we were sitting on our dock and a bass boat using the trolling motor came up to the dock grab hold of it and started jigging under it like we were never there. Guess they were in a tourniment or something and wanted to leave no stone unturned. Anyway that was one situation, I thought was pretty rude. Especially never saying anything. The other was I went down there and a car was parked in the driveway and had three mexicans fishing on my dock. I showed them the exit and told them not to come back. Now if you own lake property and a house and want to put a sign in your front yard saying open to the public. More power to you.
doc

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#11 Post by HandymanHerb » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:04 pm

We have some people who think they own into the water, my line goes to here, you can't own water your property ends at the water line, but I seem a few but a fence in the water or rope it off like the no body can use my water.

Had one asshole on the lake my brother lived on, the lake was empty when he moved in so he had a big back yard, because they were diverting the water for use else where for 6 months, then when it came back in it flooded higher than normal so now the shore line was higher than normal and we couldn't use the boat ramp area, as it was so high it was in heavy weeds so we had to come in behind his house 40 feet over.

He said we messing up his grass, I said we not on grass we are floating, but I told the kids to stay in the water till they got over to the ramp area, I was laughing more a few weeks later after the hurricanes the water was 10 feet from his door.

He didn't tell me where to park that time or I would have tied to his back door, but I can understand if someone is running the jet ski's in front of their dock when they have a whole lake to use and spread the noise around.

But you land ends at the water and you don't own the water under your dock, but I'm with you on that if your out there, I'm going to say Hi and if you tell me you got your pet bass you feed, I just tell them I catch and release, so nothing to worry about.

I'm not going to be using your dock to hold on too, your supposed to be able to cast it where you want it from 20 feet out.
In Memory of John 6x6 Larsen

sHan tn

#12 Post by sHan tn » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:31 am

the trick around here is to put up a swimming area around your dock and shore line. them cheap 1.00 float sticks that biglots sells have a hole down the middle and you can feed a rope through it and make a floating "swimming" area to keep kids safe from boats :) LOL works here

1982 Sylvan 24' Toon
50hp Evenruder
my fishin/camping boat

An unarmed man is a subject.
911: Government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.
When seconds count....Police are minutes away

REPETE

#13 Post by REPETE » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:35 am

lakerunner wrote:Let me clear what I meant. If a boat fisherman is fishing the shoreline and tosses a jig under your dock you run them off? Seems awful petty to me but what do I know as I am just a boat fisherman not a dock owner.
I have no problem at all with people fishing around my dock but if some d bag got so close he was holding onto my pier? HELL YA THAT'S BS! I think we gotta understand there's different types of piers and docks. If I just had a big permanent pier without anything on or around it...no big deal. ...but I have a smaller pier with a toon, fishing boat and jet ski around it...usually on the pier is a ton of my personal property...so...not only is there not enough room to pull that crap but it's just a total invasion of private property.

Also...I can't shoot a gun for crap but I'm deadly accurate casting a lure. Even so, I know that if I was to work an entire shoreline of piers and try to "place" the lure under the pier...I'm snagging something a handful of times. Soooo...ya...it's TOTAL BS that I should have to deal with some d bags lure or hook getting lodged in one of my kids feet because he broke off on my pier. ....ALSO...having seen shitheads snag expensive boat lift covers....ummmmmmmm...ya....not good.

Fishing around my pier? I love when people do that. I love shootin the crap with them and I'll even go so far as to tell them a spot. I understand I don't own the water.

badmoonrising
Site Admin

#14 Post by badmoonrising » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:18 am

I fish a HUGE area on the upper Chesapeake and in all my years (been fishing here since I was in middle school), I had two people tell me I couldn't fish under their docks. MD law says they own up to low tide mark, that's it. One guy screamed at me for casting lures under his floating dock one time years ago, so I responded with "Ok, I'll call the DNR cops and you can tell them that you own this peice of the water". He stomps off into his house. :tofunny

Other was a woman who had a 150 ft dock in the Bohemia, which is also a good spot for huge white perch, crabs and stripers.

Her: "You can't fish here".

Me: "Why" ?

Her: "This is a private dock".

Me: "Yeah that's nice, but you don't own the water".

She then says she's calling the cops, blah, blah, blah. For awhile, we made it a point to fish there every weekend and she never said a word after that :tofunny

Most dock owners come out and shoot the breeze with us though.
Ed, Cheryl, Ethan and Aspen.
2013 Sun Tracker Party Barge 22 w/90 HP Mercury, "Hellrhighwater 2"
2014 E-350 Extended XLT.
Chesapeake City ,MD

REPETE

#15 Post by REPETE » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:23 pm

I had an old lady tell me to stop fishing by her pier because she wanted to go swimming. SHe honestly thought I had no buisness fishing in front of her house...and I was actually a good 15 yards away from her pier! I had a shitheadpeckrdildo keep leaving and coming back to his pier just to piss me off because I was fishing in front of his pier. I thought he was just like me and honestly just forgot something back at the pier...happens to me all the time...but after about the 6th time it was obvious he was being a dick!