How do you deal with issues with fellow boaters........

Lets talk about all aspects of camping & Fishing... location, gear, tips & tricks, ect... (credit for this section goes to backlash)

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

tuned

Re: How do you deal with issues with fellow boaters........

#16 Post by tuned » Mon May 31, 2010 6:34 am

Even tho I'm about a half a year late, I feel compelled to resurrect this thread and reply from the 'other side'.

As owner of several massive stereos and PA systems, I try to have respect in how I use them.
My boat stereo is likely second only to Bass Frequency's to my knowledge. From my discussions with him, I believe we are both on a similar wavelength in terms of not having to blast at all times.

I am not above letting it rip, but only when I believe it is desired by the audience. Rocking a beach or a raft up, if people want, is almost a public service. Those of us that can provide CLEAN music at higher volumes are much appreciated at those times.

In contrast, 98 percent of my time is spent with the volume dial on 1. I find that I much more appreciate good conversation. I would never think of trying to compete with the next boat over in order to 'hog the playlist'.

HandymanHerb.....oh hahaha. Bluegrass Gospel on the big speakers. I actually did something similar about 5 years ago. Memorial Day river rafting festival in the deep woods. Camp all weekend. This party had been going for 20 years with kids, dogs, stereos at reasonable volumes, good food and no issues. Then some true hardcore metalheads moved in with a bigger stereo than everybody and blasted head-bang 24 hours a day for 3 days straight. Although, I like some crank at times, they were 'hogging the playlist' and driving the families away. After 2 or 3 straight years of this, I had enough. The next year, I brought a seven foot top-of-the-line band PA and a big generator. I slowly set it up while these freaks watched, believing that they were really going to get to rock. Heh. My playlist consisted of Dolly Parton, Slim Whitman, Tom Jones etc.....I cranked that thing up so loud that they couldn't even think of competing. They threatened to beat me up until half the county stood behind me. Then they pulled tent stakes and left. We haven't seen them since :fyou After they were gone, the Stones never sounded so good hehe.
ToddBob
'Al the Mirthmaker' (The Third)
Build-- viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14007
Rainy Lake/Voyageurs National Park
International Falls, MN

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#17 Post by HandymanHerb » Mon May 31, 2010 12:01 pm

I miss the asshole next door to me, a young punk at the time and though he had a system and I told him I could put up with him cranking a song or two as I still do now and again.

But he would let it go for a half hour and then I kick open my doors and crank up some country walking bass that out done his bass noise easy and then he go stomping down the street to try to get away from it but it didn't work and the people on the street were laughing at Scotty and telling me it sounds good 16th of a mile away.

So I let it run for hours and do yard work or wash the truck, dam shore couldn't stay in the house with concert bass drivers I got, I can't even get full bass with the doors shut, that was the last time he pulled that shit on me, I guess he doesn't like country music.
In Memory of John 6x6 Larsen

BassFrequency

#18 Post by BassFrequency » Mon May 31, 2010 4:52 pm

tuned wrote:As owner of several massive stereos and PA systems, I try to have respect in how I use them.
My boat stereo is likely second only to Bass Frequency's to my knowledge. From my discussions with him, I believe we are both on a similar wavelength in terms of not having to blast at all times.

I am not above letting it rip, but only when I believe it is desired by the audience. Rocking a beach or a raft up, if people want, is almost a public service. Those of us that can provide CLEAN music at higher volumes are much appreciated at those times.

In contrast, 98 percent of my time is spent with the volume dial on 1. I find that I much more appreciate good conversation. I would never think of trying to compete with the next boat over in order to 'hog the playlist'.
Im' with ya on that 100% Down the channel, its just loud enough to be clear with the motor runnin. and if if another guys batt goes low on the beach i offer to play mine and ask what they want to hear.

ya may have me beat at the moment tunedude, I'm short an amp. but with just 6 of 12 of the 6x9s runnin off the head unit and the subs on the 4k amp shes still at 105 dB maxed :shock:
24' 1989 Starcraft 23.1mph gps
60HP Evinrude
'96 GMC Jimmy "The Demon" custom 8 ball lever 4x4
no muffler or cat. just strait to the back

toondog

#19 Post by toondog » Mon May 31, 2010 5:44 pm

tuned
Tunedude, is that you?? wow...you must have gotten shit faced :drink4 and by 12:40 am finally decided you missed us guys. :donno
Welcome aboard. :nana
96 20 special Grumman 50hp evinrude
13 Blazer outboard jet boat
11 12ft Perception Kayak
18 250 6.7 powerstroke

Jump aboard, let's take a ride. <-clicky

tuned

#20 Post by tuned » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:10 am

BassFrequency wrote:
ya may have me beat at the moment tunedude, I'm short an amp. but with just 6 of 12 of the 6x9s runnin off the head unit and the subs on the 4k amp shes still at 105 dB maxed :shock:
I doubt I will ever have you beat Brandon :thumbsup except maybe in how many dirty songs I can sing. I gotta get me one o' dem meters tho.

toondog wrote: Tunedude, is that you?? wow...you must have gotten shit faced :drink4 and by 12:40 am finally decided you missed us guys. :donno
Yep, Bigdog. Ya got me. Shit faced? Me? OK ya got me there too.
But I missed you guys long before 12:40 am
ToddBob
International Falls, MN

BassFrequency

#21 Post by BassFrequency » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:12 am

tuned wrote:except maybe in how many dirty songs I can sing.
I know a bunch of david allan coe, does that count :biggrin2
60HP Evinrude

tuned

#22 Post by tuned » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:51 am

BassFrequency wrote:
Most certainly it counts, but only to the extent a Sanyo cassette player would stack up to your boat system :biggrin2
Not meaning to brag....ummmm....OK...yes meaning to brag: Ever since I quit the band, I have made it a focus to learn every stupid song on the planet. This includes dirty songs, drinking songs, pot smokin songs, lame/gay/mushy love songs, funny political songs, songs that make no sense at all, Wierd Al songs, The Chipmunks, TV commercials, TV show songs etc....etc....etc....
My buddy does as well. We catergorize it all under the term 'schwizz'. We have beers on the boats and try to outschwizz each other.

So far we are at about six million and counting.

"and I can sing alllllll them songs about Texas...." :drink4
ToddBob
International Falls, MN

BassFrequency

#23 Post by BassFrequency » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:50 pm

tuned wrote:
BassFrequency wrote:
Most certainly it counts, but only to the extent a Sanyo cassette player would stack up to your boat system :biggrin2
Not meaning to brag....ummmm....OK...yes meaning to brag: Ever since I quit the band, I have made it a focus to learn every stupid song on the planet. This includes dirty songs, drinking songs, pot smokin songs, lame/gay/mushy love songs, funny political songs, songs that make no sense at all, Wierd Al songs, The Chipmunks, TV commercials, TV show songs etc....etc....etc....
My buddy does as well. We catergorize it all under the term 'schwizz'. We have beers on the boats and try to outschwizz each other.

So far we are at about six million and counting.

"and I can sing alllllll them songs about Texas...." :drink4
Theres a tear in my beer, your song vocab far surpases mine :shock: :biggrin2
60HP Evinrude

toondog

#24 Post by toondog » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:26 pm

toondog wrote: Tunedude, is that you?? wow...you must have gotten shit faced :drink4 and by 12:40 am finally decided you missed us guys. :donno
Yep, Bigdog. Ya got me. Shit faced? Me? OK ya got me there too.
But I missed you guys long before 12:40 am
You motor boat'n son of a.......

"bbblbllbrrbrbbblll"

:biggrin2
96 20 special Grumman 50hp evinrude
13 Blazer outboard jet boat
11 12ft Perception Kayak
18 250 6.7 powerstroke

Jump aboard, let's take a ride. <-clicky

tuned

#25 Post by tuned » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:53 pm

toondog wrote: You motor boat'n son of a.......

"bbblbllbrrbrbbblll"

:biggrin2
Har de har. I get to take a group of rels to a WEDDING by boat later on this summer.

"Brblblblblrlrlbl!"
:boobies3
ToddBob
International Falls, MN