Juggers Episode #3

Lets talk about all aspects of camping & Fishing... location, gear, tips & tricks, ect... (credit for this section goes to backlash)

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

toondog

Juggers Episode #3

#1 Post by toondog » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:56 pm

This is my kind of fishing.

96 20 special Grumman 50hp evinrude
13 Blazer outboard jet boat
11 12ft Perception Kayak
18 250 6.7 powerstroke

Jump aboard, let's take a ride. <-clicky

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

Re: Juggers Episode #3

#2 Post by HandymanHerb » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:31 pm

That sounds like fun, never did that but we used to keep pop bottles tie line to the neck and then wind about 20 feet of line on the bottle, worked great for bank fishing or when you got some where on the job and waiting for the work to start.

You could get it out bait it with what ever you got swing in a circle a few times and toss it in the water a wait, worked good and you never know you would get playing around.
In Memory of John 6x6 Larsen

toondog

#3 Post by toondog » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:46 pm

I never had the patients for a fishing pole. We would usually run up the river, set some trot lines and a few jugs then go play around. Come back at the end of the day or next day and collect our fish. :nana
11 12ft Perception Kayak
18 250 6.7 powerstroke

big daddy

#4 Post by big daddy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:37 am

I noticed the "JUGS" but never did see a fish :-)

toondog

#5 Post by toondog » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:14 pm

I like these guys and they fish form pontoon. :ridem

11 12ft Perception Kayak
18 250 6.7 powerstroke

madcatters

#6 Post by madcatters » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:38 am

We're new to pontooning, but jug fishing is one of my family's interests, we did it in our jon boat last year all the time. When we bought the pontoon, we wanted a flat deck in front of the railing so that one of the kids could lay down and hook the jugs. We got that, so in a few weeks, when the water warms just a bit, we'll be jugging big time.

In North Carolina, you can't use live bait on a jug, and jugs need to be labelled with your name, address, and fishing license number. My kids love it, our biggest fish so far was a 20lb flathead catfish.

NOTE: If you're going to do this, be prepared to eat what you catch. Many fish caught this way are gut hooked. Generally, we catch catfish this way, but we've caught a couple of bluegill, some BIG carp, and even a nasty bowfin this way.
Madcatters
Len, Carol, Adam & Jacob
Mooresville, NC

1992 Grumman Pontoon, 70HP Yamaha
Towed by 2005 Suburban

Uncle Doug

#7 Post by Uncle Doug » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:25 pm

I can't see the video here at work but if is the youtube video with Heather and her friends, they are some fun video's. More than one type of jug there. My grandson showed them to me. It is the main reason we decided on a pontoon boat. We are now juging every week. We switched to using fun noodles now instead of jugs as they can be made to flag when you have a fish on them.

Caught 15 catfish one night last week then another 25 on Friday. Why sit around with 4 or 5 lines in the water when you can have 50 jugs over a half mile area. Never had one gut hooked but we fish lakes instead of rivers.

edit,

a tool that comes in handy when jug fishing is a long handle hoe or garden pick. You can reach out and grab the jug below the line and pull in right to you and never leave your seat.

toondog

#8 Post by toondog » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:31 pm

I can't see the video here at work but if is the youtube video with Heather and her friends, they are some fun video's.
Yep, it's Heather and her friends. It's supposed to be Jeff's videos, but we know who get the most attention. :boobies3 Pontoon boat, goof ball friends, babes, fish and a river. It just doesn't get any better. I throw a few jugs now and then, but I am more into trot lines myself.
11 12ft Perception Kayak
18 250 6.7 powerstroke

Uncle Doug

#9 Post by Uncle Doug » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:49 pm

toondog wrote:
I can't see the video here at work but if is the youtube video with Heather and her friends, they are some fun video's.
Yep, it's Heather and her friends. It's supposed to be Jeff's videos, but we know who get the most attention. :boobies3 Pontoon boat, goof ball friends, babes, fish and a river. It just doesn't get any better. I throw a few jugs now and then, but I am more into trot lines myself.
Of course we are about 25 years older than Heather and her goofball friends but it was enough to convince me that a toon was the way to go. It did not hurt that my son also already had a 28 foot toon.

I think I must of watched every video they have up, now they do have fun.