Fishing Pole Rack

Lets talk about all aspects of camping & Fishing... location, gear, tips & tricks, ect... (credit for this section goes to backlash)

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Meleina

Fishing Pole Rack

#1 Post by Meleina » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:23 pm

Just ordered a new Bennington 2075 GLi. It is not a fishing model but I would like to have a pole rack and holders. Anyone have a rack recommendation? Would prefer to have a clamp on type product versus screw in. Any pics would be appreciated.

dockholiday

Re: Fishing Pole Rack

#2 Post by dockholiday » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:10 pm

If you can't find a temp installation you like and don't want to drill holes, Home Depot carries some industrial velcro the you could probably use to mount them. Have used them to attach different items to the helm an work well. If it doesn't have a flat surface but screw holes you can mount a small block of wood or something similar as a mounting surface.
doc

cbavier

#3 Post by cbavier » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:31 am

Meleina
Welcome aboard. Go to bottom of this page "JUMP TO" Check out Camping and Fishing. This topic along with pictures will give you some Ideas. I'll be posting some pictures of what I did to remedy my situation in the next couple months. I'll post it as a new post so keep an eye out in May. Right now we still have ten inches of snow on the ground and my pontoon is still covered for the winter. Also Overton's has some Rod Holders for you to consider too. Just type Overton into Google and go to their web site. You also can request a catalog.
Own-It-II

Chuck
24 Ft Aqua Patio Executive Cruiser
50 HP Johnson
06 GMC Sierra Crew Cab
Roscommon, MI

Meleina

#4 Post by Meleina » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:44 pm

I bought the Mueller aluminum with slide in rubber sections. They seem to be of high quality and do not take up a lot of room.

captdavid

#5 Post by captdavid » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:24 pm

If you want an easy way to go, buy one of the 3-6 rod holders that attach by screws. then atach to rails with electric ties. Use them, cut them off when through and repeat when needed. The ties are cheap. I've never used them on a toon, I don't own one yet, but I use it on a bumper hitch rack. capt david

Ron Burgundy

#6 Post by Ron Burgundy » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:55 am

Meleina wrote:Just ordered a new Bennington 2075 GLi. It is not a fishing model but I would like to have a pole rack and holders. Anyone have a rack recommendation? Would prefer to have a clamp on type product versus screw in. Any pics would be appreciated.
I understand that you may not want to screw in a rod holder, but in my opinion a properly placed high quality rod holder is something you will never regret. I have the type shown below and I think they are great. I have 4 throughout my boat and they come in very handy. You can even get them in chrome for a little bit more cash.
Attachments
rod holder.jpg
rod holder.jpg (28.03 KiB) Viewed 5795 times
-Ron Burgundy, "Stay Classy San Diego"

2005 Fiesta Fish n' Fun 20' 50HP Yamaha 2 Stroke
Fishing and Cruising Florida's Islands

The cure for anything is saltwater – sweat, tears, or the sea. Isak Dinesen

captdavid

#7 Post by captdavid » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:33 pm

Those are the one I'm talking about. Use electric ties. capt david

IMHB

#8 Post by IMHB » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:26 pm

How about some homemade ones, like I have on my Bennington...

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8564

Harry

MH Hawker

#9 Post by MH Hawker » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:51 am

I use these on mine
Attachments
rod rack.JPG
rod rack.JPG (172.63 KiB) Viewed 5636 times
If it aint broke your not having enough fun

James & Deb

1988 Riviera Cruiser 15 HP Mariner
05 Silverado Z 71 V8 5.3

killerkernrich

#10 Post by killerkernrich » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:57 pm

Ron Burgundy wrote:
Meleina wrote:Just ordered a new Bennington 2075 GLi. It is not a fishing model but I would like to have a pole rack and holders. Anyone have a rack recommendation? Would prefer to have a clamp on type product versus screw in. Any pics would be appreciated.
I understand that you may not want to screw in a rod holder, but in my opinion a properly placed high quality rod holder is something you will never regret. I have the type shown below and I think they are great. I have 4 throughout my boat and they come in very handy. You can even get them in chrome for a little bit more cash.
<>
Hey Ron you got a link for that rod holder?? I like it.
Premier 221 Explorer 60hp merc

Proud Father of a Drill Sergeant at 193rd Basic Training Infantry Brigade, Ft Jackson, SC

PLP Member
Why don't anti-gun people have stickers on their windows that say This is a gun free home
NRA member
UFC fan

Ron Burgundy

#11 Post by Ron Burgundy » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:32 pm

killerkernrich wrote:
Ron Burgundy wrote:
<>
Hey Ron you got a link for that rod holder?? I like it.
I'm having trouble getting the link to work, but just go to Bass Pro Shops, and search for rod holders. It's $15.99

http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops® ... 4702/72501
-Ron Burgundy, "Stay Classy San Diego"

2005 Fiesta Fish n' Fun 20' 50HP Yamaha 2 Stroke
Fishing and Cruising Florida's Islands

The cure for anything is saltwater – sweat, tears, or the sea. Isak Dinesen

cbavier

#12 Post by cbavier » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:08 pm

I have Fpur Cabella's I bought from a pontoon member last summer and they work great. They clamp on the rails. No holes to drill so they can be moved if you don't get them just where you want them.
Own-It-II

Chuck
24 Ft Aqua Patio Executive Cruiser
50 HP Johnson
06 GMC Sierra Crew Cab
Roscommon, MI