Trash bucket..

Lets talk about all aspects of camping & Fishing... location, gear, tips & tricks, ect... (credit for this section goes to backlash)

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

IMHB

Trash bucket..

#1 Post by IMHB » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:37 pm

To install this trash bucket, I cut down another white bucket, to about 8 to 10 inches high, then I put a round piece of 1/2" plywood down inside and put one screw down through the center to screw it to the floor.
The plywood holds the trash bucket up off the bottom so it doesn't get stuck inside the other bucket and it's easy to remove to clean.
The hole in the top is big enough for cans and plastic bottles and nothing blows out at high speed.
That black thing is a rubber mallet that I use to 'knock' the connections when I put up or take down the top.
It sure works a lot better than my fist...it has it's own hole.
(edit) I screwed this trash bucket to the floor in a place that was out of the way and not used for anything else..works for me...

HARRY
Last edited by IMHB on Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PlaynDoc

Re: Trash bucket..

#2 Post by PlaynDoc » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:24 pm

Whatz a 'trash bucket' fer????

I thoughted de way to get reed od de trash was hittin de WOT buttun!

;)

2011 SunChaser DS22
Mercury 115 EFI
13.75 x 15p

cbavier

Re: Trash bucket..

#3 Post by cbavier » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:30 am

Harry,
You really wouldn't need to screw it to the floor. Then you could move it on the deck to anywhere you want it easily. Just put a heavy enough block of wood or one Face Brick in the bottom between the two buckets. That would do the job and actually one pail with a brick in the bottom with a piece of plastic or thin wood like paneling cut round to protect the Plastic Grocery Bag liner from the brick would work. The when the bag liner is full. Pull it out and put a clean bag and place pail cover back on it. Then properly dispose of the full bag.
Own-It-II

Chuck
24 Ft Aqua Patio Executive Cruiser
50 HP Johnson
06 GMC Sierra Crew Cab
Roscommon, MI