Not Tenkiller too!!! @#$%

Lets talk about all aspects of camping & Fishing... location, gear, tips & tricks, ect... (credit for this section goes to backlash)

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Shopguy

Not Tenkiller too!!! @#$%

#1 Post by Shopguy » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:17 am

So.... what's up with the water round here Lloyd? You heard anything? They've got notices posted at Pettit Bay. And like a typical guy I didn't go read it but I did recognize it from the one's they showed on the news around Grand lake. Kinda funny, four cars parked around it, people swimmin...lol. I headed to Chicken Creek Island yesterday where the water's a little better. Trying to keep my composure and be mindful of it but not get to spooked. I wonder if it's always been like this over the years and the Corp has just recently noticed. I figure at least stay in the open waters away from north shores would be the best bet. I don't know. I gotta feeling my wife has had about enough of the water talk and doesn't want the kids out there. We went out to Pontoon Island last Wednesday evening with the kids, water felt good and pretty clear compared to the upper end, and now the Dr. suspects mersa (early staff) has set in on one of my girls legs around her knee. Coincidence?
Oh yeah...where's the freakin FISH!!!....lol
Shopguy

23' Tritoon with a 150F Yamaha
Strakes and skins

lakerunner696

Re: Not Tenkiller too!!! @#$%

#2 Post by lakerunner696 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:18 pm

I heard they were testing for the blue green alga but not if any has been found. We go in back of needles point and the water is a lot clearer but noticed when we came home yesterday our swim suits smelled awful. I have had stinking water smell before but not this strong.

Don't know if the water could be culprit on your daughters leg but sure hope it isn't. I remember a few years back when they were having problems with stagnate water causing some deadly micro organism in shallow ponds and such. My daughter had a boat party planned and our late Son In Law was going to captain a boat load of sexy women all day and very excited about it. But to his disappointment they all cancelled because they were afraid of getting a yeast infection from the lake.

Fish?????????????????whats that?
Loyd, AKA Angry Ol Bastard & Betty Meeks
Beautiful Lake Tenkiller Oklahoma
2008 F150 Lariat Super Crew
2004 Tracker Regency, 2010 Evinrude E-Tec 90
Haul Rite trailer

God bless our country, God damn it's enemy's.

Shopguy

#3 Post by Shopguy » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:38 pm

You know of any spring waters running in down that way? Caney creek is always an ice box but last year I couldn't get far enough up in the cove to tell any difference in water temp.

Last night we were dragging shad on the bottom and caught four little channel cat east of goat island. no keepers though.
I like watchin the Cidiots and the outatowners cut across the east corner of Pettit Bay headed back to the ramp. :mrgreen: They have no idea it's about 4-5 foot deep for a long ways out there.
Shopguy

Strakes and skins

lakerunner696

#4 Post by lakerunner696 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:22 pm

We were night fishing off the point by willow island as we called it many years ago. We saw a boat heading our way but heard them before we saw them. They were yelling at each other and fairly drunk we suspect. Well they ran right up on the island just a cussin till they got loose and went on. We found out later it was Chief Mankiller's husband Charlie. By the way we use to catch hundreds of white bass and crappie where the island drops off into deep water
Haul Rite trailer

Shopguy

#5 Post by Shopguy » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:09 am

That the one just south of Goat island? guess I don't know which island your talkin bout.? where's that? I know all the islands just not up on the names.

That's a good one on Charlie...lol. Seems like people think that the waters 100 ft deep shore to shore by the way they act.

Lost the white nanny on goat island . Dunno what happened just seen her dead on the bank couple weeks ago

A little FYI ... I spent this morning hanging over the back of the motor on the company boat down at Elk Creek. Folks brought it in with an 4 beep alarm sounding every minute or so. It's a 175 opti max. I changed the fuel filter, same thing, Tested the water sensor in the filter, same, some times I've found that people will screw the water in fuel sensor in to far and the tip of it could possibly touch the metal inside the filter and sound the alarm. Simple test, you can back it out a couple turns or check it with a ohm meter. Drained a little water from VST not much, checked oil res on side of motor, full. Pulled oil line and checked for flow and changed filter...same. Finally got the wires dug out from under the oil res and ohmed them. They were open. Called Steve @ Houston's and he said he thought they should be closed until the float is at the bottom or res is empty. So I unplugged the float sender and put a jumper wire on the two wires on the engine side of the harness and the alarm stop beeping, Bad float sensor in the oil res. Steve says he's seen the floats come apart before. Problem is, when this happens is that the motor goes into Gaurdian mode and will only idle. So, I figured I'd throw that out there for you to pass along if you didn't already know it. That 4 beep alarm is for more that just water in the fuel like I'd been told before.

Later
Shopguy

Strakes and skins

lakerunner696

#6 Post by lakerunner696 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:13 pm

Well I just got a call from DEQ and we have the Blue Green here. It isn't at dangerous levels yet but DEQ was alerting water systems and how to best treat it.
Haul Rite trailer