Jamaica

Have a favorite place ? Share it here !

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

REPETE

Re: Jamaica

#16 Post by REPETE » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:54 am

fredeboy wrote:Been to Domiciana, Jamica,Mexico, St Thomas and several others. Nice places to visit but would not want to live there. That all changed when we went to St Maarten. Love the people, love the island, love The Golden Eagle (13 times last 9 years). Would live there in a heart beat!! :nana :nana

Hotel suggestions? (Looking for all inclusive)
Just verified it on Snopes. Liberals are complete mouth breathing idiots.

I shanked my lover because hoes kept stealing my taco's.

Bamaman

#17 Post by Bamaman » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:53 pm

I also like Puerto Rico. But everyone on the island has burglar bars and security doors on their houses. If you had a fire, you'd be a dead duck. Homeowners also have burglar bars and doors on their carports.

Sounds as if burglary and thievery are honored professions in Puerto Rico. You'd have to find someone to stay at your house while you went home to the mainland for vacations.

Puerto Ricans with a big cooler make a living selling water at red lights. If they have a gas grill and a folding canopy, they've got a restaurant on the side of the highway. They're just very entrepreneural people.

It'd make a good 51st state if they didn't have extremely high unemployment and some kind of job base. There are as many Puerto Ricans in New York City as there are on the island.

Few speak English as a first language. Some speak only Spanish. Some speak New Yorican. Some speak only English. They don't know what they are. I don't understand how their television is in English and they cannot speak it.
'12 Bennington 24' SSLX Yamaha 150

margaritaman

#18 Post by margaritaman » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:19 pm

Lately it has a higher crime and murder rate than mainland US.
Cruising the salt waters of East Florida.

fredeboy

#19 Post by fredeboy » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:14 am

Sorry Repete I do not know of any all inclusives on the island. There may be some I just don't know them. Our place is at Osyter Bay and I know sometimes during off season they have some good deals. Good luck and if you decide to go drop me a line and I will give you some great contacts that will make your trip truly special.

playcat

#20 Post by playcat » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:22 pm

Spent a lot of time in PR; living there is an adjustment! How about paying bribes to get your utilities turned on, or any other services? "La mordita" is a way of life. Don't act like a tourist and you will be fine.

Had the best jerk pork and chicken in Ocho Rios near Dunns River falls up in the woods with some locals, but went as a guest with a local. Would not have been welcome AT ALL without someone to vouch for me. Got an AWESOME deal on an opal bracelet for the missus there, but I was there for 3 days; every day the price got lower.

Don't even think of buying ganja from the locals - some are police informants getting paid a price for turning you in. This ain't the USA, rules of evidence and "illegal search" do not exist there!!
playcat
Boatless for now
Never another I/O
Kerr Reservoir, VA