Jamaica

Have a favorite place ? Share it here !

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

REPETE

Jamaica

#1 Post by REPETE » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:22 am

Love it.

I'd go every year if I could afford it.

What I love most about it is the people. Unlike the parasites in this country, people in Jamaica understand that you get out of life what you put into it.
Just verified it on Snopes. Liberals are complete mouth breathing idiots.

I shanked my lover because hoes kept stealing my taco's.

Bamaman

Re: Jamaica

#2 Post by Bamaman » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:22 am

We just got back from Jamaica. I had no idea the island was larger than Puerto Rico, and the second largest of the Caribbean Islands after Cuba.

The people of the island are definitely entrepreneurs and show aggressive selling skills in their bazaars, etc.

The deep Caribbean has got to have the best weather in the world--86 degrees just about every day of the year.

And, it's just 1 1/2 hours flight south of Miami, Florida.
'12 Bennington 24' SSLX Yamaha 150

margaritaman

#3 Post by margaritaman » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:17 am

Hate the place. Vendors are pushy and call you names if you don't buy their shit souvenirs. They sell you dope as soon as you get off the gangway at the pier. Crime is very high. We were at Dunns River Falls and there was gun fire at the souvenir shop area and someone got killed. There are better areas in the Carribean to go. I guess if you stay in a resort and never venture out it is ok but I would not be walking the streets if you are white. A few years ago a plumber from our area met a gal on the internet. He went to meet this gal and got robbed and killed. They found his body in the city dump. Haiti would be the only place I could think of as being worse than Jamaica.
Cruising the salt waters of East Florida.

REPETE

#4 Post by REPETE » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:19 am

margaritaman wrote:Hate the place. Vendors are pushy and call you names if you don't buy their shit souvenirs. They sell you dope as soon as you get off the gangway at the pier. Crime is very high. We were at Dunns River Falls and there was gun fire at the souvenir shop area and someone got killed. There are better areas in the Carribean to go. I guess if you stay in a resort and never venture out it is ok but I would not be walking the streets if you are white. A few years ago a plumber from our area met a gal on the internet. He went to meet this gal and got robbed and killed. They found his body in the city dump. Haiti would be the only place I could think of as being worse than Jamaica.
OK... I gotta tell ya...for a guy in America to be meeting a girl on-line from an empoverished country like Jamaica ... ahhhhhhh... ummmmmmmm.... :donno Seriously? Would a person maybe...."just maybe" be wondering what this girls intentions were? I bet I'm not the only person that is not surprised at how that ended.

I walked the dirt markets and in fact it was one of the things we did that I had the most fun with. I have heard others say they hated it and I gotta believe it's how a person approaches it. If somebody approaches me and I'm not interested, I look them in the eye and tell them.... but I had a gas mixing it up with the people. If somebody got annoying I told them so. So many people just get soooo wound up and uptight in those situations. I had one guy in the market tell me I "insulted" him by offering him "only" x amount of dollars for a wood carving. I looked him in the eyes and told him, look, you don't have to accept it but I gotta tell ya, it's more than the guy two huts over is asking for his stuff that's almost the same! ...and don't insult me by thinking I haven't worked my ass off for my money and I can just give it away! Would I ever travel to Kingston? NOPE! ...just like I love my country but would never go to North Philly!!!!!
Just verified it on Snopes. Liberals are complete mouth breathing idiots.

I shanked my lover because hoes kept stealing my taco's.

badmoonrising
Site Admin

#5 Post by badmoonrising » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:29 pm

REPETE wrote: I love my country but would never go to North Philly!!!!!
It's West Philly you want to avoid, trust me. The entire city is screwed up but West is like Mogadishu. :rofl :rofl
Ed, Cheryl, Ethan and Aspen.
2013 Sun Tracker Party Barge 22 w/90 HP Mercury, "Hellrhighwater 2"
2014 E-350 Extended XLT.
Chesapeake City ,MD

RobRoy

#6 Post by RobRoy » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:16 pm

REPETE wrote: OK... I gotta tell ya...for a guy in America to be meeting a girl on-line from an empoverished country like Jamaica ... ahhhhhhh... ummmmmmmm.... :donno Seriously? Would a person maybe...."just maybe" be wondering what this girls intentions were? I bet I'm not the only person that is not surprised at how that ended.
Send picture of the girl and I'll provide an opinion. I've seen impoverished girls from the Ukraine so I have some experience. LOL
2006 24' Sun Tracker w/ Full Enclosure, 75 HP Mercury OB

STEVEBRENDA

#7 Post by STEVEBRENDA » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:19 am

Send picture of the girl and I'll provide an opinion. I've seen impoverished girls from the Ukraine so I have some experience. LOL
Yeah, but any gal (or guy) could send any picture stating they are that person. Very simple to download a pic of a very hot gal, in about any position, doing about any thing. You can't trust the internet.
2014 Regency 254
Mercury 250L Verado

I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people.. I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem work itself out.

Texoma Toon

#8 Post by Texoma Toon » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:32 pm

STEVEBRENDA wrote:
Yeah, but any gal (or guy) could send any picture stating they are that person. Very simple to download a pic of a very hot gal, in about any position, doing about any thing. You can't trust the internet.
Never trust the Internet for a true pic of a girl!
As for Jamaica beaches are great but I would never go out of a hotel compound there again.
Look at the ABC islands off the coast of Venezuela. We have a timeshare on Aruba and love it. Very safe island unless you are 18, drunk and run off with a local. :drink4
2007 G3 LX 22 Fish & Cruise
90 Hp Yammy
Dual Axle Trailer

The proud American will go down into Obama's slavery without a fight, beating his chest and proclaiming to the world how free he really is. The world will only snicker. - Pravda

evinrude2stroke

#9 Post by evinrude2stroke » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:17 am

Sounds like "Power of the Pu**y" with that guy...
I have never been to Jamaica but also never heard good things about it. But aren't all the islands down there the same?..."Don't leave the resort"... I have been to a few of the South Caribbean islands and I have to admit I was pretty nervous walking around town. The natives spot you in a heartbeat and can be very aggressive. By myself would be one thing but with the family I would do as they all say.. don't leave the resort.
Dave

2016 Manitou 20' w/ 90 E-Tec Pontoon Series

Bamaman

#10 Post by Bamaman » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:49 pm

We've been to Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands many times. We've also been to Bermuda, St. Martin, St. Kitts, Dominica, Barbados and a couple of others I cannot remember right now.

But our favorite Caribbean Island is Saint Lucia. Not only was it beautiful with the famous Twin Titons (twin 2800' peaks going straight out of the ocean.)

The island has some of the most incredible 5 and 6 star resorts (if that's possible) I've ever seen. Some cottages were 1000' off the water, with a private infinity swimming pool on the ocean front--water all they way to the horizon. See http://www.jademountain.com/ and http://www.ansechastanet.com/ TripAdvisor.com covers the island's hotels in detail.

We took an island tour with about 50 people packed into 7 or 8 vans with a dump truck full of ice, beer and rum punch meeting us at set places. Yellow Bird was our bus driver, and he stopped along the way to get us pastries, fresh bananas and other things. One city we drove through has a big street fair on Friday nights, and everyone on that side of the island comes. It's just a magical place.

After visiting Jamacia, The Caymans and Cozumel (again), St. Lucia looks especially great. The only problem was that flights there are expensive from the U.S.

evinrude2stroke

#11 Post by evinrude2stroke » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:16 pm

When I traveled down there I was on a cruise. One of the islands we hit was St. Lucia. Your right it is a beautiful island. And I will admit was probably the one that I felt safest while we toured.
Dave

2016 Manitou 20' w/ 90 E-Tec Pontoon Series

bassn386

#12 Post by bassn386 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:21 pm

We just got back from a cruise over Thanksgiving that stopped in Curacao and Aruba. Except for being expensive, I liked Aruba better than Curacao, even though both are Dutch protectorates. Seemed as though the water was clearer in Aruba.
Nobody ever approached us asking if we wanted dope, unlike the one time we were in Freeport, Grand Bahamas.
I'd like to go back to Aruba for some snorkeling.
2011 Bennington 2575RCW w/ ESP
F225 Yamaha

Texoma Toon

#13 Post by Texoma Toon » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:27 pm

A good place to start..... http://www.aruba.com/forum/
I would recommend either Eagle beach or Palm Beach for Hotels. There Are lots of timeshares on Aruba and if you look hard enough you can get a real deal on renting one. Summer time thru Thanksgiving is the off season if you want to call it that. You don't have to worry about Hurricanes because they are too far south. They have some of the best restaurants in the Caribbean on Aruba. We have been going there for the last ten years and will be going again next summer.
2007 G3 LX 22 Fish & Cruise
90 Hp Yammy
Dual Axle Trailer

The proud American will go down into Obama's slavery without a fight, beating his chest and proclaiming to the world how free he really is. The world will only snicker. - Pravda

Bamaman

#14 Post by Bamaman » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:47 pm

The ABC's (Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao) are famous for clear water and fantastic scuba diving. Diving is about as good as The Caymans and Cozumel--and about as good as it gets.

These islands are just off the cost of Venezuela, and have perfect weather year round. I've always heard nice things about them.

fredeboy

#15 Post by fredeboy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:45 pm

Been to Domiciana, Jamica,Mexico, St Thomas and several others. Nice places to visit but would not want to live there. That all changed when we went to St Maarten. Love the people, love the island, love The Golden Eagle (13 times last 9 years). Would live there in a heart beat!! :nana :nana