Lake Eufaula, OK

Have a favorite place ? Share it here !

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

lakerunner
Site Moderator

Lake Eufaula, OK

#1 Post by lakerunner » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:54 pm

When we moved to McAlester we had low expectations of Lake Eufaula. We had seen it from I 40 and Hi 69 so knew it was a crappy dirty lake that no one would live on.
We

Well it is still a muddy crappy lake in some places but for the most part it is really nice. We are seeing some homes and yards that equal Grand or any other lake with lots of money people. Not just the fancy homes but Mom and pop places are nice and well maintained.
So Eufaula I apologize for bad thoughts
Loyd & Betty Meeks
Livin the lake life
2004 Tracker 22 Regency/2010 90 E-Tec. Pulled by Ford 2020 F 250,
McAlester, Oklahoma
Home lake is Tenkiller

steveiam

Re: Lake Eufaula, OK

#2 Post by steveiam » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:39 pm

lol!
I often wonder if Jimmy really did crack corn, and why should I care?

OK Toon

Re: Lake Eufaula, OK

#3 Post by OK Toon » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:31 am

There are some areas that are really nasty right now (worse than normal). Where the S. Canadian comes under H69, you can see the red mud coming into the lake from the river.

Loyd, we'll be down this coming weekend and staying till the following weekend. We should try and get together sometime on the water. Our "get-together" didn't seem to work out for getting a lot of people together (the water levels haven't helped much).

We are going to watch the fireworks on the 4th in Eufaula Cove from the boat. I've rented a slip just for the night so we don't have to either try and load back up or head back by water after the fireworks. We'll be out in the cove that afternoon to play in the water and have lunch. If anyone else is going to be watching the fireworks from the water, let me know and we can tie up and have a little party.

But glad to hear Eufaula isn't as bad as you had originally thouht -- I knew you didn't have high hopes when you had to move there. Tenkiller is a much clearer/nicer lake, but Eufaula has a few really nice places.
Kim and Steve
2003 Lowe Suncruiser Trinidad 222
2003 Yamaha 90hp 4-stroke
2008 Toyota Tundra 5.7
Spend most of our time on Lake Eufaula