my boat start to finish for now !!!

Post your restoration and rebuild projects here.

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Liquid Asset

Re: my boat start to finish for now !!!

#16 Post by Liquid Asset » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:53 pm

wwind3 wrote:good work! I have a 20 ft and the only thing I might suggest would have been to extend the front fence all the way to the front of the boat--I have a fishing model and it's great. Well done.
I would have liked to made the fence go a bit further but I want a small deck no matter what. I don't personally like the boats where you can't access the dock from the front of the boat. The way it is now I can dock on either side of the boat from the front of rear. I looked into new fencing with a radious to match my bow but it just wasn't worth spending that much on this old boat.

, shaun
2018 Tahoe ltz elite windshield powered by a 175 Mercury verado with sea legs
Rebuilt custom 20' 1983 riviera cruiser tritoon SOLD

2017 crew cab F-350 gets me to the lake !

chill'nthemost

#17 Post by chill'nthemost » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:08 pm

:thumbsup :nana :nana :nana it's already all been said
1998 Sun Tracker Party Barge 25ft, stern drive 3.0 Chevy
Unfortunate member Parent's of Murdered Children

I love my country, it's the government I fear

Little Andy

#18 Post by Little Andy » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:05 pm

Slick looking boat!
Lake Dunlap, New Braunfels, Tx
2003 Crestliner 2080 Sports Classic
2005 Honda 50HP

spurhunter

#19 Post by spurhunter » Tue May 01, 2012 1:13 pm

AWESOME rebuild!
Custom 89 24' Procraft Funchaser Tri-toon
1985 Johnson 175 gas guzzler
2007 2500HD Duramax Z71

Liquid Asset

#20 Post by Liquid Asset » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:26 pm

Ok it's been a while since I updated my boat. Now that there is a rebuild thread (mods feel free to move this I'm not done !) I thought I would update what else I have done to the boat. Last season was a good one with alot of nice details and a repower. To start off I did a bunch of hand work and polished some details. Before !

After

the strakes

I also picked up a 90 horse yamaha that had low compression on 1 cylinder. It was a middle of the winter craigslist find and once I saw it and knew it was a hoist kept motor with all the paint on the skeg . I knew I could part it out atleast and make some money. I got it for 400 I couldn't go wrong. I rebuilt it with the help of a friend and have about a thousand total into it with all new guts ,paint and graphics !

Next was some nice lighting to make the boat a better cruiser after dark. I added some clear led's under the seats to make the floor glow.

It's hard to see what it looks like ina pic but it kind of give you the idea. Just a nice glow across the floor. Doesn't look to even in the pic though.

Liquid Asset

#21 Post by Liquid Asset » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:49 pm

Now onto my current project. I picked up a trolling motor to use a return to shore system should I have a break down. My brother who I ususally boat with got a larger boat so there goes my boating buddy so I wanted a way in if I was by myself. Anyways I don't want the trolling motor on the deck of the boat so I decided to make a new cabinet to store it in. I also decided to make it hold a 5 gallon bucked for a trash can and a "empty" holder for cans since we have to return cans and bottles here in michigan. The cabinet will fit behind my drivers seat and run along to the rear right up to the rear entry gate. It's not done yet so be nice it will look great when it's done ! The top is made out of 1/4" jatoba, ipe, and maple all cut on the table saw. This whole project is being built out of left overs in the shop.

and a shot of it sitting on the base so far. There is a ipe curved bullnose that will wrap the front of the top. it is all being attached to 2 reversed layers of true 1/4" plywood. The top will be coated with penetrating oil making it simple to keep it looking as good as new. The trolling motor fits on end along the back of the cabinet and the trash can will be in the big radius. I am putting a stainless cup holder with the bottom cut out towards the back to store empty cans. It will be nice not having those rolling around along with a real place to put trash. the base is getting wrapped in vinyl to match my seats.

Next on my list is color change under rail led's. They should be here next week so the will be cool. I just wish the weather was nicer so I could get going. My boat is still wrapped up I'm about done with the cold weather !

Mrtoler

#22 Post by Mrtoler » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:49 am

Sweet Shaun, looks really nice...those under rail LEDs will look sick on you painted logs also.. You should get some underwater LEDs for the transom as well, Charles gave me a couple the other day :thumbsup :thumbsup
Ryan, Martha, Ana and Nathan Toler.
(SOLD)1992 24' monark sun spa 240 1996 (rebuilt) Johnson 112
2014 South Bay chassis (IN THE WORKS)
2006 dodge ram quad cab
Crosby Texas

Liquid Asset

#23 Post by Liquid Asset » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:59 pm

I might just have to get some underwater leds it would really be lit up then ! Maybe I will atleast run a wire just in case while I have the underskin off. I think it will be the third time I have taken it off since I put it on . The under rail led's were just going to be white but for a little more you can get the color change which I don't really care about the cool thing is there is a dim control as well with it. Now I can set it to white and make a nice glow that isn't to bright. The flex light will start at the end of my nose cones and I am mounting a red and green led's to shine down on the nose cones. They will be mounted right at the same place as my nav lights but under shining at the nose cones. Basically the tips of the logs will glow the proper color and the rest a nice white glow. On the painted logs I really hope it looks sweet ! Then again with a 17 solid colors to choose from and multiple flash patterns who knows what I will end up with !!!

Liquid Asset

#24 Post by Liquid Asset » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:50 pm

I was able to get the lid assembled , sanded ,and oiled today. In the last picture it was just a pile of loose parts sitting there. I still need to cut in the lid for the trash can and then the false cup holder for empty cans. As soon as the stainless cup holder shows up I'll get that done.

The curved nosing was the trickiest part with the tight radius but it turned out great. There is a 1/2"x1" rabbit on the nosing so the whole lid is an even 3/4" thick.

I was also able to pick up some matching marine vinyl today for the base. I might just be to finish this little project up this week !

redbeard

#25 Post by redbeard » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:07 am

Looks great man keep up the good work.
Truman Lake
1986 24' Playcraft "The Georgia Peach"
1996 Evinrude 88 HP
14x11 Prop

Liquid Asset

#26 Post by Liquid Asset » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:44 pm

I was on a roll today and after work I was able to get the base upholstered. I have never done this and sure wish I would have payed more attention to that stuff when I toured the apex marine factory a few years ago ! I first wrapped the base in a padding . It's kind of like the stuff in a quilt. Then I started to wrap the vinyl. I was amazed and how you could get that stuff to stretch. I was able to pull out all of the wrinkles even where it wraps up under the inside of the frame on the radius. After a bunch of stretching and about a thousand staples I was done !

I didn't plan on it but since I had enough vinyl left over I covered the back to. I had to leave a seam exposed to do it but since it lands up against the fence it will never be seen.

My stainless cup holder showed up today also so another evening cutting holes into the top and this should be ready to go on the boat !

Mrtoler

#27 Post by Mrtoler » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:13 pm

Great job man :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup
Ryan, Martha, Ana and Nathan Toler.
(SOLD)1992 24' monark sun spa 240 1996 (rebuilt) Johnson 112
2014 South Bay chassis (IN THE WORKS)
2006 dodge ram quad cab
Crosby Texas

redbeard

#28 Post by redbeard » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:47 am

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup Looks great, good job.
Truman Lake
1986 24' Playcraft "The Georgia Peach"
1996 Evinrude 88 HP
14x11 Prop

curtiscapk

#29 Post by curtiscapk » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:16 am

Awesome :drink2 :bowdown
Craig and Paula
"THE FLOATER" rebuild Spring 2013
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15328
94 Party Barge 24' 115 merc
Turning Point hustler 14 x 13 prop
22mph gps 3 people
12 F150
Overland Park Ks
Hillsdale Lake, KS

rbiederwolf

#30 Post by rbiederwolf » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:01 pm

your the man, it looks great.... cant wait to see more pics
If you ain't got the the blues, you got a hole in your soul...

Rick
2007 Avalon Paradise Elite 22 Tritoon
2008 Yamaha 150hp