Pontoon Stuff provides materials to make my toon new

Post your restoration and rebuild projects here.

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

quad cities

Re: Pontoon Stuff provides materials to make my toon new

#181 Post by quad cities » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:19 pm

nice :biggrin2 :biggrin2

ROLAND

#182 Post by ROLAND » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:52 am

Very nice Herb... she's really coming together... great job.
Roland & Jo
2010 Bennington 20 Sfi
Yamaha 75 4 Stroke
Shreveport, Louisiana

curtiscapk

#183 Post by curtiscapk » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:15 pm

Crap mine is going to end up nowhere close to yours!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:
Craig and Paula
"THE FLOATER" rebuild Spring 2013
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15328
94 Party Barge 24' 115 merc
Turning Point hustler 14 x 13 prop
22mph gps 3 people
12 F150
Overland Park Ks
Hillsdale Lake, KS

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#184 Post by HandymanHerb » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:45 pm

curtiscapk wrote:Crap mine is going to end up nowhere close to yours!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:
Of course it won't, mine is in Fla,your is in KS :rofl :rofl :rofl, but hey next winter you can pull it down and we can do the St John's, you can go from Orlando to Jacksonville, That would be a good get together, the guys with old boats use to do it every year and It goes 300 miles and great places to stop on the way, they use to let you pick which way you wanted to run the river, North, down river, or South Up river.

If you wanted to go north you drop you boat in at Sanford, drive you trailer to Jacksonville and took a charter bus back to your boat in Sanford or you can do it the other way and they made a four day trip out of it with dinners every night, but that means you have to be moving five hours a day at 15 MPH, that seems like work with a big group.

I rather do a few day trip and spend it exploring the wild life areas or swimming, but then I don't have that many members near me.
In Memory of John 6x6 Larsen

chill'nthemost

#185 Post by chill'nthemost » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:22 pm

This is going to turn out to be the best advertisement Pontoon Stuff could have ever bought for the money spent. The pro polished toon's are really going to compliment your professional craftsmanship.
1998 Sun Tracker Party Barge 25ft, stern drive 3.0 Chevy
Unfortunate member Parent's of Murdered Children

I love my country, it's the government I fear

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#186 Post by HandymanHerb » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:07 pm

chill'nthemost wrote:This is going to turn out to be the best advertisement Pontoon Stuff could have ever bought for the money spent. The pro polished toon's are really going to compliment your professional craftsmanship.
Thank You Sir, but we had no choice, once the pontoons were polished, we had to make every thing else look great too, but this is just another rebuild among a lot of rebuilds, I'm starting to get beat, I haven't painted with auto paint in a long time, since my racing days, where you were painting at least every two years , more after bad wrecks, so I had to relearn a lot, I found out quick how bad all them solvents are for your hands again, and I forgot how much fun it was to spray primer on and then sand most of it it back off, we will see if I can still finish paint

VaGent

#187 Post by VaGent » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:42 am

I like the way your horse shoe has turned out especially the way you covered the top portion of the fence. I want to cover the sides of my fence the same way but haven't decided on what to use. I have 2-50ft vinyl rolls of covering from pontoon stuff but I need to paint it & everyone says DON'T PAINT it as it messes it up over time. I see they now have the aluminum covering which is supposed to be a lot better to use. I hate to waste the 2 rolls of vinyl I have now so not sure what I am going to do. You got it looking good right now.
1993 24' Voyager 2006 E-TECH 90-Fishing Barge
1984 24' JC 2011 E-TECH 90-Family Cruiser
2010 Silverado LT Quad Cab 5.3 Vortex

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#188 Post by HandymanHerb » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:56 am

Go to home depot and they sell the kick plate and the trim in the windows department, but you can't make a turn with it so we didn't use the trim inside the engine enclosure

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#189 Post by HandymanHerb » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:02 pm

OK even though I didn't even get to touch my toon this month with work popping up, now that is good to have money coming in but I was hoping to have at least a week to spend on the toon, but it's not to be this month and then with our spring Pyro camp out coming next weekend, it's going to be next month before I know it.

But the boat is heading to have the engine hung Monday, we will see how long he takes to get it all done, then we will get back on it and get er did.

Thanks again to Pontoon Stuff and all the guys here for the great words and engorgement

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#190 Post by HandymanHerb » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:26 pm

I have engine and gauge's, our boat guy got us an 18 gallon fuel tank with sending unit,said he finish paint my fence for 175, we said go for it, he going to put two batteries in for us with the perco switch, we could do a lot of it, but my brother would rather pay than do it and he is giving us a good price on labor, besides we will still have plenty to do to finish

Engine hung, the fin will be replaced with my prop guard, but we will give it a try first, but I like the slow speed control the prop guard gives you

The water pressure gauge line

The control panel, steering is removed to place a reinforce the helm with a piece of aluminum as the plastic moves and it's not even hot here yet, you can see the steering stem has twisted left, DAM I just noticed something, he put the key and kill switch where my radio goes, so I'll have to move it.

DRock

#191 Post by DRock » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:13 pm

Looking good.
2006 20' Odyssey 220C. 2006 Mercury 90 4s. Underskinned, jackplate. 13.5x15 SS prop. 31mph gps
2001 F150 5.4 Super cab short bed 4x4
2013 F150 Ecoboost. Crew cab short bed 4x4

redbeard

#192 Post by redbeard » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:40 am

Looks good man. :thumbsup
Truman Lake
1986 24' Playcraft "The Georgia Peach"
1996 Evinrude 88 HP
14x11 Prop

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#193 Post by HandymanHerb » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:22 am

Thanks guys, we are ready to hit the water, it's been to long, I hate to turn part of the job over, but work has a way of getting in the way and we can use the help of someone who does it all the time, so we don't over look the little stuff or spend to much time on the big stuff.

But we still have our hands in it, I need to take him the circuit breaker and a seat base to mount the perco switch in, so he can mount the electric , he said he was installing a isolator in line so it will charge both batteries, but not burn up the alternator if something goes bad.

What pisses me off is someone gave him a 24 footer stripped to the toons already over the weekend, if he had that in January, we would have had to trade him out of it.

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#194 Post by HandymanHerb » Fri May 17, 2013 12:40 am

Got a little bit done today and going to hit it hard tomorrow, we did get some of the fence fastened down on the jacks, my brother said he like the way it looks sitting off the floor, but we need to get the seat bottoms fastened down so we can do the final placement of fuel and power lines, I'm going to have to shift my wiring back a foot closer the batteries and to leave more storage room behind the seat under the sun deck, that's where my tables will go when not needed or towing.

So do you think I still have the shine thing going on

The back turned out great

Had to put some pressure back on Craig so he doesn't get lazy, when we get the graphics put on the fences it's going to look great

ROLAND

#195 Post by ROLAND » Fri May 17, 2013 1:58 am

Looks great Herb.... beautiful work...
Roland & Jo
2010 Bennington 20 Sfi
Yamaha 75 4 Stroke
Shreveport, Louisiana