Pontoon Stuff provides materials to make my toon new

Post your restoration and rebuild projects here.

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Ron Burgundy

Re: Pontoon Stuff provides materials to make my toon new

#196 Post by Ron Burgundy » Fri May 17, 2013 3:26 am

Lookin' good!
-Ron Burgundy, "Stay Classy San Diego"

2005 Fiesta Fish n' Fun 20' 50HP Yamaha 2 Stroke
Fishing and Cruising Florida's Islands

The cure for anything is saltwater – sweat, tears, or the sea. Isak Dinesen

curtiscapk

#197 Post by curtiscapk » Fri May 17, 2013 6:21 am

Looks good Herb!!!

I hope to finish mine this weekend!!! :devillol :devillol :devillol :devillol :devillol :devillol :devillol

Well it won't look near as good as yours on the outside.... :fyou

Goal was Memorial day weekend I am pushing it.... :shock:
Craig and Paula
"THE FLOATER" rebuild Spring 2013
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15328
94 Party Barge 24' 115 merc
Turning Point hustler 14 x 13 prop
22mph gps 3 people
12 F150
Overland Park Ks
Hillsdale Lake, KS

redbeard

#198 Post by redbeard » Fri May 17, 2013 6:39 am

Get those sun glasses out because every one is going to need them. Looks GREAT man. To much work for me. :alright :alright :alright
Truman Lake
1986 24' Playcraft "The Georgia Peach"
1996 Evinrude 88 HP
14x11 Prop

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#199 Post by HandymanHerb » Fri May 17, 2013 10:46 am

To much work for me some times, but you have to keep the years of fun your going to have on a pontoon you designed and made happen keeps you going
In Memory of John 6x6 Larsen

DRock

#200 Post by DRock » Fri May 17, 2013 10:52 am

Wow, excellent job! If you ever get bored of polishing your toon, i'll supply the cold drinks for you to do mine! :drink4 :nana
2006 20' Odyssey 220C. 2006 Mercury 90 4s. Underskinned, jackplate. 13.5x15 SS prop. 31mph gps
2001 F150 5.4 Super cab short bed 4x4
2013 F150 Ecoboost. Crew cab short bed 4x4

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#201 Post by HandymanHerb » Sat May 18, 2013 12:03 am

OK today we got the rest of the fence and raisers fastened down, we got the new fence reinforcements put in, tightened up the fence good, put the new cap plugs in the rails made it look new.

Installed the 18 gallon tank, we had to space it off the floor as it need to be above the fence rails to fit, was a half inch to big sitting on the floor.

Batteries will go on the other side.

Next we built a firewall to separate the fuel and the batteries from the seats and people, worked out good, in the fuel side I still have room for a gallon of oil, a funnel, fuel water separator and filter and tools and on the battery side I have room for two batteries, storage for my two tables when not in use, after we build a way to hold them in place

Got the seat bases screwed down, the perco switch will go in the corner seat base, hidden but easy to get too, wood for the sun deck cut so we can get it covered to match the seats

We put the seats in us let us see we are getting there, and something to show off when people come to look, we need fasten these in, put the captain chairs in, lights, radio, then the 10 foot top on and we are done,the engine guy still has to finish with the engine and test it, so we will wait till he is done to put in the seats for good.

We are getting excited and I'm ready to get my deck wet again, it's been a long while !

badmoonrising
Site Admin

#202 Post by badmoonrising » Sat May 18, 2013 3:19 pm

Looks fantastic Herb. Still undecided whether I'm doing a rebuild, buying new or used to replace the Party Cruiser. Rebuilding is a good as buying new with no payments.
Ed, Cheryl, Ethan and Aspen.
2013 Sun Tracker Party Barge 22 w/90 HP Mercury, "Hellrhighwater 2"
2014 E-350 Extended XLT.
Chesapeake City ,MD

lakerunner
Site Moderator

#203 Post by lakerunner » Sat May 18, 2013 5:04 pm

Really looks nice Herb
Loyd & Betty Meeks
Livin the lake life
2004 Tracker 22 Regency/2010 90 E-Tec. Pulled by Ford 2020 F 250,
McAlester, Oklahoma
Home lake is Tenkiller

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#204 Post by HandymanHerb » Sat May 18, 2013 9:06 pm

Only thing that pisses me off is we might have to start all over, the vinyl sucks you can see every foot print on it and we ended up with a oil stain thanks to our boat guy and even after pressure washing and using every thing we could think of you can still see every foot print and no way to get the stain out, we high hopes for the vinyl and now wondering if it time to back up and order carpet :x :x :x

curtiscapk

#205 Post by curtiscapk » Sun May 19, 2013 7:54 pm

Looks good????? That sucks Herb!!! I had my own setback!!! Post to follow tomorrow... Heres how my carpet looks no nutkick intended...
Attachments
SAM_0986.JPG
SAM_0986.JPG (286.1 KiB) Viewed 5031 times
SAM_0985.JPG
SAM_0985.JPG (287.78 KiB) Viewed 5026 times
Craig and Paula
"THE FLOATER" rebuild Spring 2013
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15328
94 Party Barge 24' 115 merc
Turning Point hustler 14 x 13 prop
22mph gps 3 people
12 F150
Overland Park Ks
Hillsdale Lake, KS

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#206 Post by HandymanHerb » Mon May 20, 2013 9:30 pm

We decided to carry on a get it done, put the battery in, got all the lights on except the rear marker, still trying to figure out where I want to put it, I put horns inside my engine surround, hooked up the horn relay and got them going.

Then hooked up the fuel, water filter,water separator, now I need to slide my trailer axles back six inches as my tongue weight got to light, with heavier engine and I don't think the three Captains Chairs are going to help add enough weight, but thank God on my trailer is nothing more than loosening four u-bolts and my axles are on a slide bracket so it easy to adjust the weight, and still leaves me some room to move the toon forward and back to get my tongue weight right.

Then it goes back to the boat guy to finish get the engine up and running and tested, to dam busy running to get the last things done to even get the camera out, I just wait till it's on the way to the water for the next shots, my brother and I were looking at the lake and wishing we were out there, when we went out to lunch today.

But it has been great working with my brother and getting it done, but dam this free make over is costing us a lot of money to get done the way we want it, but she will be all new and will be part of the family for many years to come.

Thin Ice

#207 Post by Thin Ice » Tue May 21, 2013 6:45 am

HandymanHerb wrote:Only thing that pisses me off is we might have to start all over, the vinyl sucks you can see every foot print on it and we ended up with a oil stain thanks to our boat guy and even after pressure washing and using every thing we could think of you can still see every foot print and no way to get the stain out, we high hopes for the vinyl and now wondering if it time to back up and order carpet :x :x :x
Wow Herb, Its hard to imagine that a marine grade vinyl flooring has stained before you even splashed the boat. Seems to me that the stain would be even more apparent if there was carpet on the deck :donno . Im only asking cuz I have been in the commercial/residential flooring business for over 20 years and any "non-marine" hard surface flooring should be less succeptable to marking than carpet or other fiber oriented product. Could it possibly be the color/shade you chose that amplifies all the dirty or stained areas? Let me/us know how the vinyl performs down the road, i am curious now to its benefits over carpeting. Thanks.

Oh, and by the way............ The boat is loking fantastic! Great Job :thumbsup :thumbsup
2009 Suntracker Regency Party Barge 22
2011 Evinrude E-Tec 115 HO
Full Enclosure
Kiskiminetas and Allegheny Rivers

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#208 Post by HandymanHerb » Tue May 21, 2013 7:31 am

I wouldn't even thought it would stain, but every foot print made on it shows up, and the shop floor is clean, this vinyl has the surface of a basket ball

But we had high hopes for it, because it would be dry even on the short ride home from the lake but we will see how it works in use,I was wondering it if would be worse with all the bare feet on it, we haven't tried our high pressure tile part of the carpet machine on it yet, we wait till it's done.

But if you have any ideals on some thing to use on it, let me know

Mrtoler

#209 Post by Mrtoler » Tue May 21, 2013 9:26 pm

Your not alone herb, I have the vinyl from PS but its gray. Even in my darker color it shows everything, because it's all one color and every bit of dirt gets trapped in the tread pattern and sticks out like a soar thumb.. I have a solution if you decide to tear it out, but you still want to replace it with vinyl. Go to restorepontoon.com and look at there vinyl options. The have a bunch of color combos but they are not a solid color the are mixed colors to give it a textured or granite look. I'm going to eventually go with there gray, it's light and dark gray mixed with black and white....looks amazing....if you decide to order from them talk to either Ryan or Andrea and tell them Ryan from Texas sent ya, you'll get a great price. There great folks!
Ryan, Martha, Ana and Nathan Toler.
(SOLD)1992 24' monark sun spa 240 1996 (rebuilt) Johnson 112
2014 South Bay chassis (IN THE WORKS)
2006 dodge ram quad cab
Crosby Texas

mike
Site Owner

#210 Post by mike » Wed May 22, 2013 8:51 am

Looking great herb, maybe you could make a snap in carpet to go over the vinyl?
1999 Voyager 21' Express Fish triple toon 115hp Mercury (SOLD)
2004 Ford F150 SuperCrew
Boise Idaho