MY RIVIERA CRUISER

Post your restoration and rebuild projects here.

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

rockhound

Re: MY RIVIERA CRUISER

#31 Post by rockhound » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:55 pm

so i had the chance to get her in the water again this week,

the new prop was a complete dud, hit the gas and she went absolutely nowhere (that's not an exaggeration) ...... All it would do is churn water.
So I just happened to bring the original prop with me,
Its been a while since i changed a prop in the water, but 20 minutes later we were done and ready to try again,

so the original 15/11 xc prop and lowering the ob down two notches seem to have solved my issues and she moves out pretty good, i still think there is some performance on the table, but she gets moving pretty hard, i think i could easily pop up a skier, the hole shot is greatly improved over the i/0,

shaving 300 lbs off the motor pod will do that i guess :biggrin2

i can trim her up while cruising she is hitting 24-25 mph @ 5200 rpms maxed out, and she will do 22-23 even pulling 2 kids on the big mable, trim her down and she seems to power pretty good through a turn without ventilating

overall i am pretty happy, but i am going to try one more prop change, when i went from the 14x11 back to the 15x11 the difference was night and day, the smaller prop would not even move the boat, 15x11 was really nice, i am hoping one more diameter change will also help, so a 16x11 is on order,

dropping the motor down two notches picked up 300 plus rpms with the same prop....

ill let you know what happens
An over forty victim of fate....

Obama: finally gone, MAGA