Tiggers Toy..

Post your restoration and rebuild projects here.

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

LittleRiver

Tiggers Toy..

#1 Post by LittleRiver » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:40 am

Figured I'd start a thread about this rebuild on the 24' Sun Chaser (Fishing special) Go slow boat. 50hp..

Dash or Center Counsel has a Lowrance 7 HDI with the DI transducer mounted on the top, external VHF speaker, twin lighted rocker switches, one of the outside lights one for the pontoon lights which I have not started on yet.
Stereo is a Kenwood KMR-D558BT Kenwood Marine Bluetooth CD/MP3 USB iPod iPhone Pandora Receiver ( DANG THAT A LOT TO STICK IN A STEREO)
Kicker MX 700.5 5 channel 75 watts RMS per 4 speakers, 400W RMS to the sub. (which I won't need that much)
That powers the inside speakers. Two in the are rest two behind me in the potty door along with the 10" free air Kenwood SUB.
You guys that know stereo know you can hook up 8 speakers out of a stereo by using the low pass into a amp and running it direct to 4 other speakers like you have no amp. So I run two speakers off the back, two off the front for when we're in the water splashing around I can cut the amp off and only run the outside speakers. Use the front and rear on the stereo and cut with ever one I want off depending if we're at the back of the boat, or front. Didn't skimp on the speakers.. JL Audio on the inside and Kenwood on the out. We still have music and the XM transducer is on the top of the external speakers. Little Black thing.

Opened up the holes on the VHF mount bought two stainless U clamps and mounted the vht which is also the AM/FM antenna to the light poll , so it goes up and down then the light goes up. Out of the way, and center of the boat in case I get around trees..

BluewaterLED all the way around the boat, circled. Can adjust the power on those from the drivers seat.
Have not started on the pontoon lights yet but will in a couple of weeks.

VHF is a west Marine that has suff I have not even started worrying about yet. I did connect it to the VHF so its ready if needed on giving out my location.

Trolling motor is a salt water Minn Kota Copilot 80 pounds thrust, with the foot peddle and two remotes . Bought that used.
Anchor winch is electric. Got the dash mounted switch in today, that and wiring everything in is next weeks project. :)

Cup holders under the rear speaker you know what their for. :)

For night swimming I added two lights. Will have them on their own switch. Red LED night light for the deck off the side of the potty room and a Blue LED strip under the floor that lights up the ladder .

And the number one mod on the whole boat is the Stainless Tiki Torches. Like those things. :)

. Image

#1 Mod..... LOL
[i][color=#0000BF] ...08 24' Party Barge "Tiggers Toy" 50hp..[/color][/i]
[i][color=#0000BF] ..Triton TR21X 250 V-Max "Yellow Bullet".. [/color][/i]
[i][color=#0000BF] .. Little River Motorsports Top Dragster T/D[/color][/i]
[i][color=#0000BF] ..Dodge and Ford truck, but still race a Chevy[/color][/i]