Double Bimini Top Suggestion

Post your restoration and rebuild projects here.

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

WALDO

Double Bimini Top Suggestion

#1 Post by WALDO » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:43 am

Im almost done with the makeover have the seats and console all in, thanks to all here for all yall help, now im am looking at a double Bimini Top, the ENDURA Sunbrella top is 16' and the other is SURELAST 17'6" , I as wondering wiull this affect my side entry doors and what one would be my best route, or any other suggestions would be great, i need it down south louisiana its hot all the time here, i will add pics to my build by the weekend i caint belive how nice it had come again thanks.

BobG

Re: Double Bimini Top Suggestion

#2 Post by BobG » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:38 am

WALDO wrote:wiull this affect my side entry doors
Yup. When using my side entry doors, you have to duck around the bimini supports.
I can't imagine that there's any way around this - unless MAYBE you had the doors exactly between the front and rear biminis.
2012 Tahoe 24' Fish-n-Fun Tritoon, with Mercury 115 HP 4-Stroke
"Trine SS Cape" (Trying 2S Cape)
Add a battery: viewtopic.php?t=13546&p=105893#p105893
I'm not a liberal, but I play one on this site.

woolznaz

#3 Post by woolznaz » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:31 pm

You can avoid having any support rails in the way of the side gate on a double bimini setup. Here is how you do it. Get the two biminis designed so the front most support running from port to starboard on the rear bimini is also used to support the back most edge of the front bimini. They zip together, about 2 inches in front of the front most support of the rear bimini. In other words, the front bimini does not have a side to side support of its own on the rear edge. It relies on the rear bimini's zipper for support. I don't have great pictures, but you can get the idea from these pictures.

There is nothing really special about my set up. I think it's pretty typical but maybe not with aftermarket biminis. I would think someone makes an aftermarket set up like this, though.
Attachments
back bimini 800.jpg
rear bimini has 4 side to side supports, and a zipper just in front of the front most support. The front bimini attaches to this zipper, but the front bimini has no other rear support going from side to side
back bimini 800.jpg (143.65 KiB) Viewed 3137 times
front bimini 800.jpg
front bimini has no rear support bars running from side to side, so there are no support bars blocking the side gate. Look on the far left side of this picture, you can see where the front bimini zips to the rear bimini, probably 4 feet behind the front bimini's side to side support bar. Rear bimini must be up to use the front bimini, though.
front bimini 800.jpg (130.77 KiB) Viewed 3138 times
2007 South Bay 925 Tri-toon
5.7 Volvo I/O
Tow Vehicle: Toyota Tundra, 1794 Edition

WALDO

#4 Post by WALDO » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:45 am

Yes thanks i did get one ordered , the braces will fall about 16" from the entry doors , i had to pull the measurements and lay out from a spec sheet but will work really nice and they have a 36" piece that zips them together in the middle, after installed the top measures 18'5" that's my playpen size so im ok, now one last thing trying t o redo my sundeck trying to decide just to carpet the one i have or try to find vinyl , any ideas and i will post all the pics by the weekend and thanks to all who helped me , everyone who has sen it locally here thought it was brand new.

woolznaz

#5 Post by woolznaz » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:12 pm

WALDO wrote:...... and they have a 36" piece that zips them together in the middle.......
That should do it -- mission accomplished! Good luck with the sundeck project, too.
2007 South Bay 925 Tri-toon
5.7 Volvo I/O
Tow Vehicle: Toyota Tundra, 1794 Edition