Inexpesive reclinging seats?

Post your restoration and rebuild projects here.

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

photonfanatic

Inexpesive reclinging seats?

#1 Post by photonfanatic » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:12 pm

I'm coming to the conclusion that some of these things I'm looking for, are just difficult to locate. So is there anyone out there who knows of some inexpensive, reclining fishing seats?

My OEM seats on my pontoon are pretty new, but man. They make you sit up straight as a board. They really have you in a position, that just isn't comfortable to sit in. At this point, it would be better if they didn't have backs at all. But I'm not looking to downgrade to those bass boat type seats with no backs. Oh no. I'm looking to upgrade.

And, I can indeed find plenty of reclining seats that would do the job. But the pricing is absurd. $600 per seat, for a "captain's chair" that I'd probably have to adapt to the fishing seat post anyway. That seems like a ridiculous price. I'm thinking more like $300 on the high end of things. That's what I'm having trouble finding, some seats that will recline, that are being sold for a reasonable price. I know the boating hobby is expensive. But there are some things you just don't have to spend much money on, if you're willing to try hard enough. Hell I'll use car seats if I have to. But I'd like to not have too. That would open up a whole new door of overall boat fitment, and aesthetic concerns. I'd have to find the perfect car seats, and they'd likely need to be on the small size. Maybe something out of a wrecked mazda miata. But that's just an afterthought. Hopefully someone here can tell me where some reasonably priced boat seating can be had. The normal spots don't seem to have it.

James Myers

Re: Inexpesive reclinging seats?

#2 Post by James Myers » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:29 am

Hello

I've actually been working on this for a year now, the reclining chairs on the market are way too expensive... we had one that we were selling for $399.99 and honestly that's too much. By fall we'll have a new, upgraded recliner that is actually nicer than what we've had in the past and we can sell it for $299.99. I agree with you and think that's the magic price that most folks will pay and it's going to be very comfortable!

Here is a prototype shot without arms, it will have lift up arms on the final product but wanted to show you what it'll look like.

You'll be able to buy it here when we finally have it ready:

http://www.pontoonstuff.com/collections ... tain-chair

Thanks

James Myers
Attachments
recliner.jpg
recliner.jpg (38.02 KiB) Viewed 3049 times
James P Myers
President
PontoonStuff.com
jim.myers@pontoonstuff.com
http://www.pontoonstuff.com

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#3 Post by HandymanHerb » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:11 am

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup
In Memory of John 6x6 Larsen

curtiscapk

#4 Post by curtiscapk » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:57 am

awesome seats Jim!
Craig and Paula
"THE FLOATER" rebuild Spring 2013
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15328
94 Party Barge 24' 115 merc
Turning Point hustler 14 x 13 prop
22mph gps 3 people
12 F150
Overland Park Ks
Hillsdale Lake, KS

James Myers

#5 Post by James Myers » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:58 am

Thanks Guys!
James P Myers
President
PontoonStuff.com
jim.myers@pontoonstuff.com
http://www.pontoonstuff.com

Lt. Dan

#6 Post by Lt. Dan » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:38 am

That looks like a nice seat! Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
What colors will they come in?
2015 Bennington 24 SSXR triple tube with Yamaha 150
1988 Intec Island Cruiser

photonfanatic

#7 Post by photonfanatic » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:30 am

Looks like you got yourself a customer. Will these come with a feasible means of putting them on a fishing seat post?

And will they be of a size, that wouldn't be too big to be used as a fishing seat? Just to be clear, I'm talking about the standard swiveling fishing seats that might be found on any pontoon. I have 4 of them on my boat, and all 4 are kind of lousy. Looking to replace them with "captains chair" type of seat. That will recline, and not be too large awful large. They can be larger than a standard fishing seat of course, but they do still need to fit in the fishing seat area without taking up all the room.

It would be really nice if they had fold up arms as well. If you can do that I'll buy 4 of em no problem.

photonfanatic

#8 Post by photonfanatic » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:17 pm

Hey james, I wanna go ahead and bump this thread for my last questions. Hopefully you'll see this