New Pontoon Furniture and changing room

Post your restoration and rebuild projects here.

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

ToddS

New Pontoon Furniture and changing room

#1 Post by ToddS » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:12 am

So, looking at PontoonStuff and other sites at the furniture. Without seeing and sitting on it first hand, anyone have input on the difference between the quality of the lines? Anyone somewhat local to Washington DC area have aftermarket furniture on their toon that I could check out (in exchange for some adult beverage, of course).

Also, I know PontoonStuff doesn't carry a pop-up changing room, and it seems they are all running $450+ for one. Anyone build their own? It would mostly be used for the porta-potty, so something that would store the porta-potty would be great. I don't think the curtains that hang from the bimini would work.

Thanks,

Todd

New at This

Re: New Pontoon Furniture and changing room

#2 Post by New at This » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:18 pm

I used small diameter, 1/2 or 3/4 inch diameter, pvc pipe, fittings, elbows, tees, end caps about $20. Purchased 2 cloth shower curtains at walmart for $6 each, 2 packs shower curtain hooks $3 each 12/ pack. We were rebuilding our first boat this spring and one of the conditions for more stuff in the yard was to put a toilet on the boat for my wife and the rest of us. We lengthened the railing so that it went to the end of the pontoon and built a square platform with aluminum angle, tubing and sheet stock to match the boat railing attached that to the toon, put in a pressure treated floor, with a little clearance from rail for water drainage. Cut down the back corner of the rear rail for an opening, shortened the seat for access. attached the caps to the rail with screws, built the uprights and top rails keeping the length of the shower curtains in mind so it was tall enough BUT not to tall. used some small clips to hold uprights into the caps on the rails and it is still easy to remove for storage. Not sure of the cost of aluminum parts, somewhere around $150 to $175. We have the ability to weld aluminum so no idea how much that would cost from a weld shop. It is about 33 inches square and that is enough room for porta john and room to change. hope this helps, sorry no pictures at this time.

Bamaman

Re: New Pontoon Furniture and changing room

#3 Post by Bamaman » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:00 pm

Porta pottys are a pain in the rear end, and those needing to use them can just jump in the lake. Nobody likes cleaning them.

I've got the changing room, but cannot remember whenever it was used.

But there again, we have a house 50' from the boathouse with facilities.
'12 Bennington 24' SSLX Yamaha 150